Sign in with
Your question

Why monitors keep blinking?

Last response: in Windows XP
May 18, 2012 10:16:50 AM

Hello...why monitors keep blinking? every thing is apparently working well but the only issue im facing is the on and off blinking of the screen. During the blinking there is no much significant change change in the colour pattern but only black/Gray strip like blinking come and goes rapidly. It gets settled most of the time itself. It seems as if it is sensitive to air or any pressure applied to or near the monitor. I mean some times blinking stops/resumes by striking lightly the monitor or the table.

Plz help its really disturbing. :cry: 

Pentium 4
500 MB RAM.
2.9 GHtz processor.

More about : monitors blinking

May 18, 2012 12:12:16 PM

sam_27 said:
Hello...why monitors keep blinking? every thing is apparently working well but the only issue im facing is the on and off blinking of the screen. During the blinking there is no much significant change change in the colour pattern but only black/Gray strip like blinking come and goes rapidly. It gets settled most of the time itself. It seems as if it is sensitive to air or any pressure applied to or near the monitor. I mean some times blinking stops/resumes by striking lightly the monitor or the table.

Plz help its really disturbing. :cry: 

Pentium 4
500 MB RAM.
2.9 GHtz processor.

Your Monitor is failing or the Video card is failing. External monitor, plug it into another computer. If it works, then it is your video card.
m
l
May 18, 2012 7:45:32 PM

well I have changed but amazingly its working with another CPU, and a friend's LCD is working well on my CPU....: - ) Let me check later what happens when i will reconnect them later.

Thanks!
m
l
Related resources
May 21, 2012 11:31:56 AM

i reconnected the monitor to my cpu bu the problem is same, even with other CPU. :( 
m
l
May 21, 2012 11:53:51 AM

sam_27 said:
i reconnected the monitor to my cpu bu the problem is same, even with other CPU. :( 

You said in previous post it worked on other CPU. Which is correct ?
Does it or doesn't it work on another CPU.
If it doesn't work on other CPU - Replace the D@@@ thing !
m
l
a b C Monitor
May 21, 2012 12:46:23 PM

Before you dump it, try changing the monitor cable. An inferior cable is suceptible to RFI/EFI.
m
l
May 22, 2012 9:48:09 AM

yeah initially it was working with another CPU but later on didnt...thanks for the suggestions!
m
l
!