Solution

Hi,

You may be confused with an SSD versus a HDD. SATA is a bus connector to connect a media such as a HDD, SSD or an optical drive. SATA replaced the older ATA, which then replaced EIDE. Now, motherbaord vendors are equiped with SATA 3.0 (6GB)vs the older 2.0 (3GB)

Going back to SSD, and i'm going to mention this anyway, an SSD versus a HDD is that the SSD has no mechanical moving parts as well as generate virtually no heat and can withstand shock. SSD's are a flashed based device that stores data, based on NAND flash technology. SSD's are a great advantage over HDD for reliabilty and performance. Bear in mind that HDD are great as well, if you're...

v1zzle

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009

Hi,

You may be confused with an SSD versus a HDD. SATA is a bus connector to connect a media such as a HDD, SSD or an optical drive. SATA replaced the older ATA, which then replaced EIDE. Now, motherbaord vendors are equiped with SATA 3.0 (6GB)vs the older 2.0 (3GB)

Going back to SSD, and i'm going to mention this anyway, an SSD versus a HDD is that the SSD has no mechanical moving parts as well as generate virtually no heat and can withstand shock. SSD's are a flashed based device that stores data, based on NAND flash technology. SSD's are a great advantage over HDD for reliabilty and performance. Bear in mind that HDD are great as well, if you're looking to speed up application usage or gaming use, an ssd is practical. SSD's are becoming very popular and are getting cheaper. If you are planning on buying one, do some homework on certain functions that need to be turned off and certain configurations that need to be done in order for the SSD to run "correctly". I'm implying this word, because installing an SSD without "tunning" it is like installing a turbo on a stock motor, it just wont last you as long

Hope this clears it up a bit for you,

Cheers

Solution