Sign in with
Your question

Good Fan Controller for HAF 922?

Last response: in Components
January 31, 2010 11:49:56 AM

Hey everyone,

I recently began a build for my new rig with a HAF 922. What I forgot to ask for an opinion on was a fan controller. I'm using only the stock fans that come with the HAF, and the hyper 212 fan/HS for my processor. Since this is my first build and I have no experience with these things, I was hoping some of you guys could give me some suggestions/tips on what fan controller to purchase that I can use to monitor/adjust my fan speeds.

I've been looking at the Scythe KM02, and the NZXT Sentry 2. Also, if there is anyway you could explain to me how these work? Do I hook the fans up to the fan controller instead of the motherboard and then the fan controller gets powered by the PSU?

Thanks in advance everyone.
February 7, 2010 12:36:04 PM

Hi i have recently finished my build in a HAF 922 but i am going to get a fan controller.The aerocool touch 2000 they have good fan controllers so check out there website or i might get the nzxt sentry 2.

They work by hooking up the 4 pin molex cable from the psu to the fan controller
and then the fans hook up to the fan controller.

I cant choose a fan controller for you but the nzxt sentry is a good one but check Aerocools fan controllers as well.

Also what psu do you have?
m
l
February 7, 2010 12:50:37 PM

I have the OCZ Fatal1ty 700W PSU. Do you think a fan controller would be worth it? Or is is better to just let the mobo control the fans and their speed?
m
l
Related resources
February 7, 2010 5:37:10 PM

i would go for a fan controller because it also depends on climate room temprature
if the room is hot your fans will need to go faster to cool the system only fan controllers can ajust the fans to a desired speed.Motherboards might come with a fan software such as the fan control on asus p6t deluxe
what motherboard do you have.
m
l
February 8, 2010 1:44:58 PM

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

That is the Mobo I'll be getting.

I'm currently using the OCZ Fatal1ty 700W PSU.
m
l
!