automatic updates on???

I have Automatic updates on, but I am not certain if it
is actually working. When I check the "installation
history" there have been no automatic updates since Jul
31. How can I be certain that automatic updates is
working? Should the service pack 2 have been installed
via the automatic updates by now? Thanks for any help.....

Lin-please help! wrote on 06-Sep-2004 7:35 AM:

> I have Automatic updates on, but I am not certain if it
> is actually working. When I check the "installation
> history" there have been no automatic updates since Jul
> 31. How can I be certain that automatic updates is
> working? Should the service pack 2 have been installed
> via the automatic updates by now? Thanks for any help.....

SP2 won't automatically install completely, due to the need to accept a
user agreement. If you go to Windows Update manually, you can start the
download and continue working until SP2 installation is complete and it
asks you to reboot.

--
Kent W. England, Microsoft MVP for Windows Security

ok, thanks for that, it sorts out the SP2. BUT can you
tell me how I can be sertain that the automatic updates
feature is actually working. I can't believe that there
have been none since Jul31.

Lin-please help! wrote on 06-Sep-2004 9:32 PM:

> ok, thanks for that, it sorts out the SP2. BUT can you
> tell me how I can be sertain that the automatic updates
> feature is actually working. I can't believe that there
> have been none since Jul31.

%SystemRoot%\WindowsUpdate.log

note that Windows Update.log refers to WUv4 log.
look for WindowsUpdate.log.

--
Kent W. England, Microsoft MVP for Windows Security

Many thanks - it is definitely working!!