COOL-IT ECO USING ACER OEM MOBO

brianthesnail

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
Hi guys
i have a old acer motherboard ( mrs600m ) which im using with a XFX GTS250,4gb ram ect as a spare pc.... however ive been trying to use a cool it eco alc (120mm ) as the cpu cooling solution... however everytime ive tried to install this and run the pc the cpu temps skyrocket and the pc shuts down to avoid damage to the cpu
remembering what cool it recommend namely " disable any thermal management in the bios " i went into the acer bios ( which as you can imagine is pretty sparce ) to look for the thermal managment and guess what... there is none.... the only option is "acer thermal profile " .... which from what i can see allows you to select when you want to cpu fan to increase speed ....
would disabling "acer,s thermal profile" option be the same as disabling thermal management ......?
im currently using a coolermaster TX3 with the pc at the moment which i have to admit is a pretty decent cpu cooler...... cost me under £14 and performs well
any help will be much appreciated
cheers guys

Lutfij

Titan
ok, can you post a pic of how you've connected the ECO? as far i remember the pump header must go onto a spare header on the mob and not the CPU as the PWM will regulate the pump to run at slower speeds and lead to the high temps. could also be that the pump has failed if the temps reach shutdown levels in a few minutes or you're not doing something right.