Best CPU

20 answers Last reply
More about best
  1. Whats your budget dude?
  2. roughly 70 or 80$
  3. Can't you upgrade your motherboard?
  4. Hmmm..not planning to upgrade mobo even though mines is ancient lol... Upendra09 thanks for the help btw
  5. mfarrukh said:


    oh ok.. does seem better than the other one..Thanks!
  6. Its newer.
    And
    Has higher clock speed
  7. you computer can't support that it only supports 89 watt CPUs

    the Brisbane ist eh best processor you can get
  8. Upendra09 said:
    you computer can't support that it only supports 89 watt CPUs

    the Brisbane ist eh best processor you can get


    damn...
  9. I think it can
  10. sorry, my link is the highest processor your computer can support but that is still an ok processor, you can OC that chip a bit
  11. mfarrukh said:
    I think it can


    what makes you think a mobo designed to support 89 watt CPUs can support a 125 watt CPU?
  12. Upendra09 said:
    what maekes you think a mobo designed to support 89 watt CPUs can support a 125 watt CPU?



    Dont get angry

    Sorry for that, I only saw AM2 socket support
  13. AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 89w

    they do exist, though you might have to search for them, btw this one is a brisbane

    there exists a 6000+ Windsor at 89w TDP as well, even harder to find (i had one)
  14. thanks alot..looks great
  15. sorry if i seemed angry, i wasn't

    @mindlessbut yeah those are the old ones but they are discontinued
  16. mindless728 said:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 89w

    they do exist, though you might have to search for them, btw this one is a brisbane

    there exists a 6000+ Windsor at 89w TDP as well, even harder to find (i had one)


    oh by the way...would this be a big upgrade from my AMD Athlon 64 4200+?
    would upgrading be really worth it?
  17. it would give you a difference but that CPU is discontinued

    it is too old and AMD wants people to buy their new CPUs

    In games you can expect a 5-10 FPS difference but it isn't really worth getting that CPU
  18. upendra is right, it really isn't worth it

    also, i said they might be a little hard to find, i meant having to use ebay and sites that are not newegg
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Motherboards Product