Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

ReplayTV can no longer be used until you activate your ser..

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 12:58:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

When I try to use the ReplayTV (5080), I get message saying that I need to
activate service. It has been activated for over a year by paying the
one-time fee. When I go to the website, and try to enter registration code,
it says unit is already activated. When I log on to my replayTV account it
shows that I have paid the fee. I guess I'll wait til Monday to call
customer service, unless someone has some ideas. Thanks
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 2:06:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

This sounds like some malfunction of the ReplayTV mothership. You'll likely
need tech support for this. If somehow you can get it to do a forced network
update, it may cure itself.

Though you may not want to lose all your shows, a factory reset, which would
force a network update, might also cure it.

Bye.

"David Williams" <DWILLIAMS48@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
news:tTggc.30086$B%4.17145@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> When I try to use the ReplayTV (5080), I get message saying that I need to
> activate service. It has been activated for over a year by paying the
> one-time fee. When I go to the website, and try to enter registration
code,
> it says unit is already activated. When I log on to my replayTV account it
> shows that I have paid the fee. I guess I'll wait til Monday to call
> customer service, unless someone has some ideas. Thanks
>
>
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 2:09:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Use 2-4-3 Zones to force a connect and it may fix itself with the
update. Otherwise, why wait till Monday? Call now.

From:D avid Williams
DWILLIAMS48@neo.rr.com

> When I try to use the ReplayTV (5080), I get message saying that I
> need to activate service. It has been activated for over a year by
> paying the one-time fee. When I go to the website, and try to enter
> registration code, it says unit is already activated. When I log on
> to my replayTV account it shows that I have paid the fee. I guess
> I'll wait til Monday to call customer service, unless someone has
> some ideas. Thanks
Related resources
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 7:33:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
news:zWhgc.29845$GU.21078@twister.socal.rr.com...
> Use 2-4-3 Zones to force a connect and it may fix itself with the
> update.
Says "There was a problem transferring information from the ReplayTV
service." when I try to force a connection.
>Otherwise, why wait till Monday? Call now.
From replaytv website "Effective April 5, 2004, we will be changing the
Customer Service and Technical Support hours of operation for ReplayTV to be
more in line with the rest of the industry. These hours will change to 8:00
am - 6:00 pm Pacific Time, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays. The new
hours are in line with when 85% of our customer contacts take place and
provide an opportunity for improved resource scheduling in the contact
centers. "
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 2:18:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

David Williams <DWILLIAMS48@neo.rr.com> wrote:

> Says "There was a problem transferring information from the ReplayTV
> service." when I try to force a connection.

Are you using a router with the Road Runner connection? Is the RTV
getting an IP address? Check the network settings on the RTV and reboot
it.
August 4, 2007 2:12:12 AM

I know this is a very old post, but the exact same thing happened to me tonight and the customer service center is closed all weekend. Can anyone help me? What happened after you called customer serice?
!