Assign new name to Drive

Greetings and Saluations

I just installed a second DVD drive, and my drive letters
don't match the names of the volumes - they are all
correctly working.

How do I rename a drive?

Example:
E: named VRMSP_EN want DVD-RW Drive
F: correctly named DVD/CD-RW Drive
G: Photosmart want Dazzle
H: Removable Disk want Photosmart
I: correctly named FUJIDRIVE

Thanks

David

David Pelton wrote:
> Greetings and Saluations
>
> I just installed a second DVD drive, and my drive letters
> don't match the names of the volumes - they are all
> correctly working.
>
> How do I rename a drive?
>
> Example:
> E: named VRMSP_EN want DVD-RW Drive
> F: correctly named DVD/CD-RW Drive
> G: Photosmart want Dazzle
> H: Removable Disk want Photosmart
> I: correctly named FUJIDRIVE
>
> Thanks
>
> David

The volume names of removable, CD, and DVD drives are the volume
names of any disks in the drive at the moment. If you remove the
VRMSP_EN CD/DVD from drive E:, you'll find that the system will then
simply identify the type of drive it is. Only the volume names of
fixed hard drives can be specified by the user.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever
count on having both at once. - RAH