toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
how is the system filled with water and then bleed of air, on these preassembled units, without some sort of contraption built and added to the systems loop in order to do so?

anyone please respond to this?

Solution
Personally, I agree with it. You are comparing apples to grapefruit when it come to a custom loop vs. a closed loop cooler; the biggest difference being the power and longevity of the pump being used. Most custom loops, or even kit loops like XSPC or EK use pumps that are magnitudes more powerful than those used in LCS all-in-one coolers like the H-series, etc.

koogco

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
How to fill and airbleed a prebuilt watercooler when it does not have a fill-port?

Are we talking completely closed loops like the Corsair H100? I wouldn't try to take those apart in the first place. They are full as you receive them in the first place, so generally filling them is not an issue.
If you are making some costum water cooling using one of those radiators, you will probably have to put an extra reservoir or a fill-port into the loop. Perhaps put a valve into the loop, and attach a hose to it when filling.

Lutfij

Titan
if toolmaker has been long enough on the net, he'll know that the corsair H series modding circle have been able to maintain the closed loop look and also not add any new hardware to the equation.

when the pump housing has been disassembled, there are a few points along the pump chamber that allows one to bleed the loop with a syringe and also add liquid/coolant in through the same hole.

in fact, if patient, you can pull this off with only a length of tubing and syringe. No rad needed and while the pump is running - remove air and add liquid to the loop. Soon enough you have a closed loop with the pump.

all this is doable, but not worth it IMP as you can add a valve - hide it out of sight

http://www.overclock.net/t/629298/mod-corsair-h50-with-240mm-radiator, principle same, just pump changes from antec-corsair-asetek

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=85534&mpage=1

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

thank you, I have been trying to understand this, it perplexed me. to thank that they would build them with no way to flush and refill. jest seems like bad advertizing not to tell there costumers that some modding may be required, and maybe oh I don't know. at least give a pamphlet with a idea of how to do it.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Corsair H-series coolers (and other LCS closed loop coolers) are designed to never be opened or serviced. This has not stopped a lot of people from doing so, but to answer your question, you are not meant to change the liquid or flush the loop.

I assume this is the question you are asking?

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

yes a even better answer (so the company is saying that there coolant systems never needs to be changed) is that the reality of this situation there are no issues with the loops after about a year? or is this a oversight by the manufactures, to simply ignore a obvious problem with their products?

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

so are you saying that you agree with this maximum 3 year life span idea. It doesn't seem that long when compared to a custom loop with a 20+ year life span possible? what I am asking is does this web site explain this somewhere before jest now?

thanks rubix_1011

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Personally, I agree with it. You are comparing apples to grapefruit when it come to a custom loop vs. a closed loop cooler; the biggest difference being the power and longevity of the pump being used. Most custom loops, or even kit loops like XSPC or EK use pumps that are magnitudes more powerful than those used in LCS all-in-one coolers like the H-series, etc.

Solution

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

thank you for explaining it to me rubix

this really does help

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

1) is there a better way to ask you a question? your smart and I like that. :ouimaitre:

2)give me a couple of months to calm down and I will get out of your hair. :evil:

3)I'm still learning so please bear with me jest a little longer. :non:

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

I know I had to read the question a couple of times to get the gist from the OP and the responses. I probably would have framed the question moer like this:

"I have some concerns regarding the longevity of closed loop manufactured watercooling systems, such as the H100 from Corsair. It seems to me that the fluid would need to be changed over time.

Is this the case?
How long can I expect the coolant in a sealed unit to last?
Do I have to change the coolant?
If so, how would I do it (fill and bleed thae system)."

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

wow!!! your good at putting things into words, that is not my strong suit, could I get you to Write for me from now on? :)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I tend to think that most LSC/closed loop coolers claim a longer MTBF than 1-3 years, but from most of what I've seen, this is a pretty accurate working lifespan from people actually using them, either due to actual life span, user error or simply changing hardware and going to a different cooler which is a tangent of likely upgrading to a new socket and not willing to purchase or wait on the appropriate adapter mount.