Gigabyte or Asus for X58 chipset.Pls help me choose

alikhanindia

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
well i am confused as to which motherboard manufacture should i choose for X58 chipset.

well in the internet reviews i have found out that gigabyte manufactures the best X58 motherboard since in there motherboards u could find many softwares such as easytune 6 , Dynamic energy saver 3 and many more
also there motherbaord is features rich and good for overclocking Ga X58A UD7 has reached to 4.4 Ghz smoothly on overclocking.

so i am considering to buy Ga X58A UD7 as it the best i found it even better than asus rampage and evga X58 4 way Sli classified is not good for crossfire configuration.

And MSi is mostly focusing on p55 chipset .

so is there any motherboard which is better in terms of FUNCTIONS,FEATURES,OVERCLOCKING and PERFORMANCE.

PLS IF U KNOW TELL ME I WILL BE BUYING MY DREAM PC WITHIN A WEEK.

Hi.

The X58A-UD7 is a very good mobo, but expensive too. Take a look of this ASUS P6X58D-E, can delivered the same performance with a less price that the UD7.

Now, the problem with the Gigabyte mobo is that don't support USB 3.0 when u use Crossfire or SLI and the EVGA mobo only support SLI that isn't a good deal since the best GPUs today are ATI.

What CPU do u want use with the mobo?, because if u are planning to go with a i7-930 the Rampage series is overkill for that CPU. If u really want a Rampage mobo series, go with a i7-975 or 7i-980x

alikhanindia

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
i will be using core i7 930 .
in one of the reviews in HARDWARECANUCKS the ud7 touch 4.55 GHz and the guy who has reviewed it said that overclocking capabilities is the best he has achieved so far on any x58 mobo.

IMO hardwarecanucks isn't a good reference site.

Now, it's true that Gigabyte are pure overclokers mobos but ASUS is very good too, even some OC world records was archived in ASUS mobos.

Also, the ASUS is the best options price/performance/features.

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
Good advice saint19. I originally ordered (back ordered) the Rampage III Extreme. I already had the i7 930 and DDR3 1600. At some point I said this is foolish, a 930 and DDR3 1600 on a $400.00 board. I canceled the R3E order and went with the P6X58D Premium and have no regrets. The P6X58D-E has most of the features as the Premium and its a good choice as well.

alikhanindia

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
Asus P6X58D premium is not available in my country and only Asus P6T is available but gigabytes all X58 motherboards are available so i have to choose from gigabyte only.

so my options are
GA X58A UD3R
GA X58A UD5
GA X58A UD7

WHICH OF THESE THREE MOTHERBOARD WILL BE THE BEST FOR PERFORMANCE AND FEATURE.