My Northbridge runs at 128C idle...

CPUID reports the TMPIN2 (which I'm guessing is the northbridge temperature) to be 128C on my Asus M4A785TD-V EVO while idle. All other temps are within acceptable range. Is this a faulty sensor reading or is my northbridge really going up in flames?
8 answers Last reply
More about northbridge runs 128c idle
  1. Can you post a pic of your CPUID?

My guess is that it is either a faulty sensor or it isn't truly reading anything, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about. If you system is not crashing, I would venture to say it is not truly reading anything.
  2. Hi.

What software are u using to check the temps?, because if that temperatures was it true, ur mobo should be dead right now.

3. As you can see all the other temps are perfectly normal except for the ridiculous TMPIN2 reading.
  4. U have a old hwmonitor version, download the last version from here and u will see the right temps of ur rig.
  5. hfigst said:
    CPUID reports the TMPIN2 (which I'm guessing is the northbridge temperature) to be 128C on my Asus M4A785TD-V EVO while idle. All other temps are within acceptable range. Is this a faulty sensor reading or is my northbridge really going up in flames?

TMPIN2 is a dead sensor, it's on the chip but not connected to anything. This is why you get the strange readouts.
  6. starams5 said:
    TMPIN2 is a dead sensor, it's on the chip but not connected to anything. This is why you get the strange readouts.

That's good to know and it makes sense. Just built a new system and I have the exact same reading on TMPIN2, 128C. Everything else is mid 30sC (hard drive 25C).

The build has been fast and rock-solid from the get-go...POSTed 1st time. Win7 Home Premium 64-bit installed perfectly.

M4A78T-E
    965 BE
    G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
  7. a friend of mine has the same readings TMPIN2 128C and it's a new 1600 euros pc ....
    i think it's some kind of bug cause if the temperature was true i think it would lighten up like a firework haha :P
  8. I also get 128C on my northbridge. But I also touch both heatsinks and I can't keep my finger on it for very long. Its very hot. Also my internet cuts in and out. I feel that this is a bad motherboard and all Asus M5A97 models have this issue or it's the FX-83XX series that do this. I had a FX-8120 and my n/s bridges never got that hot. Any ideas. Thoughts? Im trying a gigabyte GA-970A-D3P and if that does the same thing then I know its the CPU.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Temperature Motherboards