PSU recommendation from www.megabuy.com.au

Kaman

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Can anyone please make a recommendation for a good PSU available from this site: http://www.megabuy.com.au/
Or any other Australian site that will deliver and accepts CC payment.

The PSU needs to power a Q6600 quad core @ 2.4 CPU, Vapor X 4890 OC 1GB GPU, 6GB ram, 1 hard drive, and a couple of usb peripherals e.g. xbox 360 controller etc. Cant remember the motherboard and I'm at work so I can't check sorry. No intention of using more than one video card in this system, or any other large upgrades.

Haven't had any issues with the 350W PSU that came with the system, however the video card lists a 500W PSU as one of its requirements and I don't want to push my luck any further.

Price isn't a big issue but i don't want to spend considerable more than I need too. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Yes! The Antec Earthwatts EA 650 is a very good power supply. It is the psu I often recommend for tight budgets. The Antec Earthwatts models were a major improvement over some of their older Antec psu's like the Basiq series.
The Corsair VX550 mentioned by plasmastorm is an excellent high quality power supply that can easily power an overclocked system with any single video card made. Corsair has a reputation for high quality power supplies. They consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are very stable, reliable, and come with a very good warranty.

Kaman

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
I would get the Corsair VX550 however its unfortunately out of stock at the moment from the online store I usual shop from, and being impatient I don't want to wait for them to get it back in stock. Any recommendation between the two I linked, or any others you think are also good quality? Thanks.