Biostar MB Tseries TX790G 128 V. 5.3
AMD Phenom 9850
OCZ 8 GB 800Mhz Ram
two Western Digital 1 TB SATA drives
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT Graphics card
Ultra LPS550W PS
Coolmaster Case
MSI DVD Drive DVD/CD RW

I put them all together and have had nothing but problems. I wore my static bracelet and did the install on the cemement with my wrist strap grounded and thought I did everthing correctly.

Now I can install windows vista 64 bit but have had it crashing periodically. So then I decided to format and install windows 7 and when it is extracting the files it bombs out at about 15% everytime. Then I went back to Vista 64 bit and it is still unstable. I have ensured that all my drivers are the latest for vista 64bit and I only have VMWare installed and it still crashes periodically. The vmware version that I am running is 6.5.2 and that installs fine, but if I try to install the latest version V.7 it fails to install at various points saying the file is corrupt similiar to the Windows 7 install. I have re-downloaded windows 7 and also VMware 7 and tried to re-install but it always says file corrupt...so I am starting to think there is something wrong with my hardware. I pulled everything apart again and re-seated all components and reconnected all connections, reformatted and tried to install windows 7 again, but same problem. So I went back to vista 64bit again and now back to square one. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I am completely frustrated. I have ran a memory test and all looks good, but not sure how to check everything else.

I agree with masterasia. The DDR2-800 RAM, biostar motherboard (notably a cheap junk manufacturer) and phenom CPU in particular are horribly outdated. Unless you got them really cheap you should return them and get some contemporary components.

That looks like a new Ultra LSP550. Single 30Amp 12V rail. Its not an 80+ certified model, but Ultra generally makes good PSUs.

Those old Phenom processors were notably bad. Phenom IIs are much better. Do you have an old XP you could install just to make sure you dont need a bios update to handle the newer OSs?

Another thing would be to go into bios and force the RAM timing and voltage. That could cause these sorts of problems.