Sign in with
Your question

Missing operating system windows xp fix

Last response: in Windows XP
May 19, 2012 12:41:32 PM

dear freind,
I was doing windows automatic updates, then it asked for restart, but now it keeps restarting all the time and when i press f8 to chose save mode it keeps restarting and it always go windows xp logo and then restart again,

and I dont have booting cd or dissketts, i downloaded booting files on usb flash but when i boot it says "miising operating system"

what shall i do ?

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!
a b \ Driver
May 19, 2012 4:32:00 PM

salah_nwiran said:
dear freind,
I was doing windows automatic updates, then it asked for restart, but now it keeps restarting all the time and when i press f8 to chose save mode it keeps restarting and it always go windows xp logo and then restart again,

and I dont have booting cd or dissketts, i downloaded booting files on usb flash but when i boot it says "miising operating system"

what shall i do ?

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

It almost sounds to me that you were fooled into thinking you were doing Windows updates, but that was not the case. Especially if pressing the F8 key at the appropriate time during startup does not get you into safe mode.

1 - Have access to anyone's XP CD ?

2- Restore to factory settings (lose everything except OS) , provided you have a recovery partition.

3 - Download and burn a rescue CD or USB stick on a working computer.
Kapersky has a good one with all instructions on their site to accomplish this.
http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk
m
l
Related resources
!