ASUS P7H55-M PRO RAM Issues

lightshade

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
I just purchased an ASUS P7H55-M Pro motherboard. I have tried multiple kinds and varieties of RAM in it. If I put 2 sticks of RAM in the Recommended slots (A1&B1 or A2&B2) the motherboard will not boot and the computer keeps restarting itself over and over at infinitum. I've tried each stick of the RAM individually in the motherboard and they all work individually in ALL the slots. They work in pairs, so long as they are not in the recommended slots. Why don't they work in the recommended slots?

Thanks in advance,

Lightshade

lightshade

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
I have the standoffs and vinyl washers installed. I checked the PSU. Its good. Its just the RAM configuration. It will not work in the recommended configuration, but works in every other configuration...?

jasondclayton

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
:hello:

Hi there lightshade,

I just recived my beatiful asus p7h55-M /USB3, and I could not get any video RGB/HDMI output. :eek: I tried different configurations with 2 sticks of 4 Gb each of RAM, also in channel 1 or 2 and nothing seemed to work. :(

I am about to return Mother Board, since I even tried with one other simplest kingstom 2 Gb module (1 stick) and nothing.

I would very much appreciatte ANY info from you.

Jason

jasondclayton

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
:hello:

Hi there y'all!

Hope you can help me to find out what is going on...

Got a brand new:

- Asus P7H55-M/USB3
- Intel Core i7 870 2,93 Ghz
- Exceleram RAM 8 Gb total in two sticks of 4 Gb each.

I followed all that wonderfull checklist and found out one single loong beep + three short beeps+silence+ short beep. Evrythg else seemed to work fine.

Seems it is wrong memory brand & config right?

Any help would be wonderful !!

Thank in advance.

Jason

rexcalhoone

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011