Solution
Your mileage will vary with your overclock. No two chips are exactly the same. Since you're not going to be doing crossfire, you could save some money on the motherboard. You could also save a bit by going with the regular Xigmatek HDT-S1283 instead of the Dark Knight. Here are my suggestions:

GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $79.99 - $10 MIR

XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail $39.98 - $10 MIR

You didn't list an OS. You can get 64-bit Windows 7 in a combo with the above motherboard and save $10:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.292739
Your mileage will vary with your overclock. No two chips are exactly the same. Since you're not going to be doing crossfire, you could save some money on the motherboard. You could also save a bit by going with the regular Xigmatek HDT-S1283 instead of the Dark Knight. Here are my suggestions:

GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $79.99 - $10 MIR

XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail $39.98 - $10 MIR

You didn't list an OS. You can get 64-bit Windows 7 in a combo with the above motherboard and save $10:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.292739

Solution
I wouldn't put much weight behind Newegg reviews. Those are probably noobs who returned the board because they couldn't read the owners manual and figure out how to get it to work. I've used Gigabyte boards for years and have yet to get a DOA board.

Edit: I just read through some of the "one egg" reviews about DOA boards and it confirmed my suspicion. Most of those reviews are people who lack basic troubleshooting skills and just return a product instead of figuring out how to get it to work. I don't even want to know the percentage of Newegg RMA's that are for perfectly functioning hardware. I find it funny that most of the obvious noobs on Newegg say their tech level is "high". :lol:

Reading through the READ before posting about boot problems! sticky at the top of the forum will help you avoid the most common home-built computer mistakes.