Jan 25, 2010
Can anyone recommend a case that fits these requirements:

-Blue LED fans
-Black
-Great Cable Management
-Under $160

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
You could just find a great looking case with good cable managment, then stuff it full of any kind of fans you like..
I just used a budget Antec Two Hundred, added four blue lED fans, a bay thermal controll set with blue lighting, and it made a gamer friend of mine very happy..
case plus all the fans was less than 75 bucks....

aberchonbie

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
why don't you do some research! LOL!

Anyways, I have an Antec 1200 or Antec Twelve Hundred which is black with tons of blue led fans and some cable management features.. there's also the antec 900 or Nine Hundred which is a mid-tower while the 1200 is a full tower..

I wish my cable management was better but it is what it is..

IMG_0138.jpg

There's also the Cooler Master RC690 or CM690II, Storm Sniper, HAF 932 BLUE

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
You could just find a great looking case with good cable managment, then stuff it full of any kind of fans you like..
I just used a budget Antec Two Hundred, added four blue lED fans, a bay thermal controll set with blue lighting, and it made a gamer friend of mine very happy..
case plus all the fans was less than 75 bucks....

Solution

1mrdad

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
I used to buy strictly Antec , but after I saw the Cooler MAster Storm Sniper Black, I switched. Lots of room, THREE adjustable blue-lit 200mm fans, and all black inside and out. I think the quality of construction is better. Also, the case is completely filtered. I have to clean my Antec 300 every two months, but after four months the inside of the CM case was dust free. I was able to see the case alongside about 50 others at Fry's which helped my decision. I also happened to catch a super sale at Newegg w/ free shipping at $129. (It's selling for $149 now.) Here is the link to the case.
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2950

D_ii_4_I3_L_o

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009

I was 100% that I didn't see any case measurements. Still don't until you posted it. But then again, I was pretty shocked to see that kind of an case.

1mrdad

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010

Mid-tower cases can support crossfire. However, if you use a large card like the 5870, things can get cramped especially in crossfire, and in some cases, you may sacrifice HD space. With this particular case, there is ample room for all of your components. It's classified as a mid-tower, but in reality it is more like a small full tower.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Do note that you will get no more GPU clearance from the Antec 1200 than most midtowers because they did not make it longer, only taller.

Don't forget these either:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156231
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146047
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119194

When it comes to cases that fit your needs, I tend towards the Raidmax monster or the Lian Li Dragon Lord, but that is just me.

All are great cases that will serve you well.

D_ii_4_I3_L_o

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009

I learn something new everyday. That Full Tower case is out of my league, & in this case I plan going into CF with a "mid tower", space an issue ? seems like it will play an issue in space consumption, but no worries, wont consider CF till early 2011, and In this case I verdict that the full towers are to bigfoot for me, and i'll keep my mid tower case.

blu3flannel

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Thanks or your input everyone, I've decided to get a HAF 922 and switch the red LED fans out for blue ones. It will also support Crossfire (quite easily, too) and has great cable management as well. So going on what randomstar said, I'll be taking a great case and making it what I want.