Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Motherboard problems

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Light
Last response: in Motherboards
May 22, 2010 11:53:03 AM

Hi, i have an Acer Veriton M464 computer, the lights come on when you push the power button but nothing else happens not even a motherboard beep or keyboard lights flash. The Cpu fan and PSU come on but nothing on the monitor or even a bios splash screen.I tried a Post Probe card and it came up with a code of D4 and D5 (mostly D5). I have lost my Post Probe manual so i am unable to make out what it means. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be. It's says Ami bios on a sticker.Thanks in advance.

More about : motherboard problems

a b V Motherboard
May 22, 2010 5:21:47 PM

is it still under warranty?

try cleaning the CMOS, just open up the case and take out the little cicle shaped battery on the mobo then put it back in
a c 156 V Motherboard
May 24, 2010 6:54:37 PM

I'm guessing that the system is not under warranty.

If it is, return it.

If not,
Our standard checklist and troubleshooting thread:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-postin...

And you should be able to download a manual for your POST Probe card from the manufacturer's website.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 25, 2010 9:00:56 AM

Hi, Thanks for all the help people. The computer is out of warranty and i tried removing the cmos battery for a while then putting it back in again but still no joy. I managed to trace a manual from Micro 2000 and apparently it points to being a problem with the base memory. I also tried the checklist from JSC but still nothing. Will probably go and get a new motherboard unless any cheaper suggestions for solving the base memory problem. Many thanks for all the suggestions and advice.
June 6, 2010 9:21:30 AM

2211 said:
Hi, Thanks for all the help people. The computer is out of warranty and i tried removing the cmos battery for a while then putting it back in again but still no joy. I managed to trace a manual from Micro 2000 and apparently it points to being a problem with the base memory. I also tried the checklist from JSC but still nothing. Will probably go and get a new motherboard unless any cheaper suggestions for solving the base memory problem. Many thanks for all the suggestions and advice.

Hi,

I am facing the same problem with my acer M1640 PC. Just collapsed on the warranty expired. Same symptoms. When I power on, the lights on, the CPU fan running, CD ray can open/close. But cannot hear any beep sounds and cannot see anything on the screen. Have you got your problem solved? Can you share it with me? Is it because of memory failure or mother board failure? Thanks in advance. I can save some $$ if I can solve this problem. Thanks again.

Thanks

Joseph Simeon T
June 7, 2010 7:51:19 AM

Hi, i did n't get a solution to the problem. All i got out of the Micro 2000 manual was that it could be a base memory problem(i'm not sure what it means exactly but i heard it's a serious problem). I phoned Micro 2000 and because i bought my Post Probe Card from ebay they said they could' nt help me unless i bought a product from them directly so i ended up getting a new PC instead.
February 18, 2012 11:23:10 AM

josephsimeon said:
Hi,

I am facing the same problem with my acer M1640 PC. Just collapsed on the warranty expired. Same symptoms. When I power on, the lights on, the CPU fan running, CD ray can open/close. But cannot hear any beep sounds and cannot see anything on the screen. Have you got your problem solved? Can you share it with me? Is it because of memory failure or mother board failure? Thanks in advance. I can save some $$ if I can solve this problem. Thanks again.

Thanks

Joseph Simeon T

Please note:warranty may still apply to any equipment you buy because of laws that state when a sale is made there is an implied warranty. This means even though the manufacturer give you a voluntary warranty, the goods are expected to last longer than twelve months, EG to give value for money.
See this website >> http://www.lawforyourwebsite.com/tag/implied-warranty/

Consumer protection bodeis in your state can help you if you need t omake a claim...It applies to any product. .http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/redface.gif