Sign in with
Your question

Win7 NVidia GeForce 8700M GT Flashing/Flickering

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 23, 2009 8:41:56 AM

I have installed Win7 RTM on my Toshiba Satellite X205-S9800 laptop with a built in NVidia GeForce 8700M GT. The screen will be fine for a while, then at random intervals, the screen will flash white then return to normal.

It is very irritating. Does anybody know how to get rid of this flashing?
I have downloaded even the very latest beta driver (195.55), but the problem remains.
This problem did not happen on the betas and RC versions.
November 23, 2009 7:34:04 PM

perhaps download the official toshiba driver for vista for the laptop and install it, downgrading the driver

some manafacturers customise there drivers etc and cause issues - give it a shot
m
l
November 30, 2009 2:02:01 PM

I have the Toshiba 9810 with the same card and the same problem as you regarding the flickering. I download the drivers straight from Toshiba and every time I load them I get random flickering, random reboots or just plain lockups of the laptop. If I drop back to the Vista x64 driver, which I believe is like 176 the problem goes away. The problem with the new Toshiba driver seems to be the same problem you have when you download drivers straight from Nvidia's site which means they probably just took Nvidia's driver this time and slapped it on their download page or didn't do much testing with the driver itself to stabilize it. The last time I tried to load a driver straight from Nvidia the laptop had various issues including lockups, pixel refresh problems and just crazy instability issues.

For the record I have Windows 7 Ultimate final release, fully patched and the problem can occur just sitting at the desktop or actually doing something application wise (opening Office products or gaming).
m
l
Anonymous
September 18, 2011 7:34:30 PM

and you risolved your problem whith flickering? because i have the same problem in vista if i instal the old drivers works well but i can play most of the games if i instal the newest drivers the games work well but i have that flickering.if you have any solution about fixing that please contact me at my email adress doru_boss19@yahoo.com.thanks
m
l
Related resources
!