I7 vs core 2 quad

which one better for gaming experience
8 answers Last reply
More about core quad
  1. Offcourse, newer one is always better.
    CORE i7

Here, take a good look and decide:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/core-i5-750-core-i7-860-870-processor-review-test/17

Though there is only one Core 2 Quad CPU, but it will make the idea clear
  2. ragnaroknewbie said:
    which one better for gaming experience

for gaming,

Most games you wouldn't notice the difference between the 2. Unless you're playing FSX then the core i7 will be noticeable.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/default.aspx?p=47&p2=51
  3. These two are completely different? I thought these were basically the same thing
  4. Core Duos and i3/i5/i7/etc are two completely different architectures. The new i# series is based on the Nahalem.
  5. Quote:
    For gaming? Whatever one is clocked higher

If thats meant to answer what processor could be clocked to its highest potential its the i7 965 at 3.20GHz [ Uknown Max GHz Clock Speed] <--- Someone could help me out on that one.

The i7 965 is quiet the cash absorber too, if you plan on going a bit lower, the i7 920 is the better choice over the i7 940 imo. My opinion is based on a summary of opinions and people rather go for the i7 920 because its around $200.00 cheaper, and it's only a slightly lower then the i7 940 but not very noticeable. I don't know how muh cheaper it is then the 940 right now but I found that it was $200.00 cheaper then the 920, which was roughly one month ago.

The i7 920 could be OC from anywhere from 2.67GHz-4.2GHz, yet thats not fact, thats just from visual experiance. Havn't seen anything higher then the i7 920 OC'd beyond 4.2GHz
  6. D_ii_4_I3_L_o said:
    If thats meant to answer what processor could be clocked to its highest potential its the i7 965 at 3.20GHz [ Uknown Max GHz Clock Speed] <--- Someone could help me out on that one.

The i7 965 is quiet the cash absorber too, if you plan on going a bit lower, the i7 920 is the better choice over the i7 940 imo. My opinion is based on a summary of opinions and people rather go for the i7 920 because its around $200.00 cheaper, and it's only a slightly lower then the i7 940 but very noticeable. I don't know how muh cheaper it is then the 940 right now but I found that it was $200.00 cheaper then the 920 was roughly one month ago.

The i7 920 could be OC from anywhere from 2.67GHz-4.2GHz, yet thats not fact, thats just from visual experiance. Havn't seen anything higher then the i7 920 OC'd beyond 4.2GHz

we will see soon :D (i hope so)
  7. Quote:
    For gaming? Whatever one is clocked higher

Bad Company 2 Beta testers are saying the game is using all cores and is distinctly bottle-necked by dual cores.

Quad core+ATI4850 will give more FPS than Dual core+ATI5870.

finally, a decent game.
  8. Quad core+ATI4850 will give more FPS than Dual core+ATI5870 right???
    what if i don't use ATI4850????
    is there any options to make?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Quad Intel i7 Core Gaming