Sign in with
Your question

Award bootblock bois! Can not boot HP PAVILLION

Last response: in Motherboards
May 22, 2010 6:39:29 PM

HI, I TRIED TO UPDATE MY FIRMWARE ON MY HP PAVILLION A1720N. WHEN REBOOTING I RECEIVED THE AWARD BOOTBLOCK BOIS. BIOS ROM CHECKSUM ERROR. KEYBOARD NOT FOUND, DETECTING IDE APATI DEVICE. I DOWNLOADED A ER BOOTDISK AND IT READ IT BUT I THINK I MAY HAVE BURNED THE ISO FILE INCORRECTLY. FLASHING BIOS'S SEEMS CONFUSING TO ME. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
a b α HP
a c 435 V Motherboard
May 23, 2010 9:59:18 AM

First try resetting the bios by removing the board battery for one minute with the system off, or move the cmos jumper over one position keeping 2 of the 3 pins covered, then return to the original position after one minute. If this doesn't work, try pressing the "del" key when posting and check your bios settings. I disable "spread spectrum" but your bios may not use this setting. Oem bios settings are sparse for a reason: the manufacturer's don't want people changing the settings as the system may refuse to post.
m
l
May 23, 2010 11:41:08 AM

Have you tried to contact HP and see what they say about the situation.

Here's a link for your MOBO showing how to reset the BIOS:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=e...

There are also instructions on how to update your BIOS at the bottom of the above page.

If resetting doesn't work, you may have little in the way of options other than to replace the MOBO.
m
l
!