Need to know difference between DDR/GDDR5 in video card

Imperfectimage

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Hello,

(Sorry, I posted this in another part of the forum too, but I am posting it here as well because I don't know where this question belongs).
Probably not going to change anything since I already purchased and built my computer, but my obsessive compulsive nature always makes me check and recheck, and ultimately, regret purchases :cry: Anyways, the question here is about the 5770. Specifically, about XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail and XFX HD-577A-ZHFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail. I don't see a difference except one says it is DDR5 and the other says it is GDDR5...oh yeah, this is my first time building and ever researching about computer parts
, so I lack any knowledge about what GDDR is (except the small amount of information i could scour). If I understand correctly, G just stands for graphic memory? And there isn't a DDR5 available yet so it has to be a typo and it is indeed GDDR5? I am not sure if I am getting this correctly. I guess to simply ask, if it is indeed correct and not a typo, then would one make a difference or be better than the other? Oh, and one final question. I have read (and saw benchmarks) that show that the 2nd version of the cards are better (if slightly) than the first given that the case has adequate air flow...I just wanted to get everyone else's opinions.

Thank You!