Sign in with
Your question

Fluid mechanics boffin

Last response: in Overclocking
a c 190 K Overclocking
April 14, 2012 10:17:54 AM

I recall someone here having a qualification in fluid mechanics, laminar flow, turbulence effects pressure variables etc,
but can't remember who it is.
Toolmaker has a few threads involving a very cool custom rad set up and needs guidance on how best to split the flow (12 rads) to minimise flowrate and pressure drops,
I can't advise him on that level, I just don't have the knowledge so I'm shouting up on his behalf :) 

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/274855-11-experimen...
is one of his posts on the project,

Thanks in advance,
Moto

More about : fluid mechanics boffin

a c 78 K Overclocking
April 15, 2012 1:56:38 AM

conumdrum, jaquith maybe... :/ 
a c 190 K Overclocking
April 16, 2012 5:54:41 PM

Could be Conumdrum, I haven't seen him in months though..
Moto
a b K Overclocking
April 16, 2012 6:01:42 PM

it's ok, I found out what I needed, thank you for the help though, but it might be a good learning experience for me to talk to him anyway.
a c 328 K Overclocking
April 16, 2012 6:10:06 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Could be Conumdrum, I haven't seen him in months though..
Moto

I don't think I've seen him around in over a year...minimum.
a c 78 K Overclocking
April 16, 2012 6:13:20 PM

you have been warned by Rubix+I...tread carefully.
a c 190 K Overclocking
April 16, 2012 6:19:32 PM

^Erf? Who warned whatnow?
Pm if necessary, but I are confused :p 
Moto
a c 328 K Overclocking
April 16, 2012 6:23:07 PM

Lutfij said:
you have been warned by Rubix+I...tread carefully.

Warned about what?
a c 78 K Overclocking
April 17, 2012 12:14:52 AM

warned about Conumdrum, he's like an encyclopedia of WC'ing knowledge but he's a very delicate and caterpillar infested book.

As i said before Conumdrum left Tom's because he got annoyed of how many people asked questions about WC'ing without checking stickies or Googling.

With toolmaker_03 - i can only assume that he'd be treated with a very rough sandpaper on his cheek. Though i'm not discouraging him, its just the way to ask thats key here - i had a conversation 7 months ago on overclockers.com but it didn't last long and his answer was Google :/  so you can understand that he likes to dish out - "go find it yourself" approaches.

Personally, i don't like talking bad about others, just that toolmaker being a kewl/honest guy - would look bad if he were to be treated bad and we didn't warn him.

* we spoke of Conumdrum on another of toolmakers threads - thas why i mentioned warning him.
a c 328 K Overclocking
April 17, 2012 2:36:13 AM

Ah yes. Yeah, he is a very smart guy and has been around the WC world, but does have an abrasive side. I didn't always agree with him, but mainly having to do with approach and personal interaction more than actual WC knowledge. I learned a decent amount from our interactions, and I feel that if he were still around here, he'd continue to offer a lot of advice to readers if they were able to hang in there and have him warm up a bit.
a c 78 K Overclocking
April 17, 2012 7:45:42 AM

Quote:
if they were able to hang in there and have him warm up a bit.
if the steak takes too long to cook and serve, i'm better off getting Chinese take-out :) 
!