Sign in with
Your question
Solved

1.35V Mem sticks and MSI 890FXA-GD70 mainboard

Last response: in Motherboards
May 22, 2010 7:50:13 PM

Hello,
Does anyone know if mem sticks rated at 1.35 volts will work with MSI's new 890FXA mainboard. No memory tests are published on any of the manufactures websites or MSI's site for this board that I can find

Best solution

a c 163 } Memory
a c 299 V Motherboard
May 23, 2010 3:05:23 AM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

I assume that u are talking about the G.Skill ECO or something like that right?.

Yeah, that RAM can works without problems in ur rig, just be sure that set the voltage and the specifications yourself in the BIOS, usually the mobos set the voltage to the max that is 1.65V.

P.D. Your other thread was deleted.
May 23, 2010 8:29:50 AM

saint19 said:
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

I assume that u are talking about the G.Skill ECO or something like that right?.

Yeah, that RAM can works without problems in ur rig, just be sure that set the voltage and the specifications yourself in the BIOS, usually the mobos set the voltage to the max that is 1.65V.

P.D. Your other thread was deleted.

Thanks Saint,

As you can tell, I'm real new at this and trying to avoid some mistakes I made last time. Although, for my first build it went pretty good.

Your right. It is the G.Skill ECO memory sticks, dual channel @ 1333 MHZ. with a CL of 8. I'd really rather use the sticks with a CL of 7, but I've heard that they don't work very well with the AMD CPU's, but hey, maybe I'll try 'em and see for myself.

Well, Thanks again
m
l
May 23, 2010 2:49:54 PM

Best answer selected by don ivy.
m
l
a c 163 } Memory
a c 299 V Motherboard
May 23, 2010 9:28:28 PM

Any time, that's why we are here.
m