Fermi will be 6.2 times faster than the previous gens cards!!!

successful_troll

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
http://www.vizworld.com/2009/11/nvidias-fermi-sc09/

That means real world improvements up to 6.2 times faster than the previous gens cards!!!

successful_troll

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
I know this from first hand that the Fermi is up to 6.2 times faster in resolution 3840x2160 with AA enable otherwise it doesn’t perform that good because the CPU is bottleneck the card.

Right but what about multimedia and games. Hmmmmm. If this gpu cost around $800 just for the consumer variant then sales will be very poor while the version intended as a Tesla will cost a fortune. I bet one could buy several city blocks in Detroit for the price of this card.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
if it were 6.2 times faster at anything that matters, they would have engineering samples floating around all over the place to curb the 5xxx series sales. i don't believe it.

No need to, as the lack of supply is taking care of that already.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
lack of supply is also getting a higher price too. the lack of anything credible has to be taking its toll on prospective buyers since nVidia is so tight lipped on the whole thing.

Problem with a gemini is, the 5970 is already power constrained, thus its lower clocks.
G100 is supposedly a 225+ watt card, so this leaves 75 watts for PCI compliane, minus the x2 scenario.
If in th best case scenario, the G100 is 20% slower than the 5970, a gemini card wont be any better due to power and cpu limitations

Do they mean their previous gen or the previous gen top end ? Because if its the first then fair enough but if its the later then they dont really know what the previous gen will have been by the time they actually release it :D

Mactronix

TRENDING THREADS