First Homebuilt Gaming Tower

Rob_3

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Hello. This is my first build for a moderate gaming computer. Could you guys please check out the sites I posted for my build and tell me what you think. I'm pretty sure this is my final build and i just want to run it by you guys for some feedback. Also, I need help deciding on a GPU. The main thing I want to do is play Fallout 3 on high settings on my 1920x1080 HD monitor (so the GPU should be compatible, or something, I dont know much about building computers). Any questions ask me.

My Build
----------

Monitor
Acer 23" Widescrenn LCD Monitor full 1080p 16:9 aspect ratio

CPU, MoBo, Hard Drive, PSU, Memory (combo deal)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.293841

OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

CD/DVD Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118030

GPU (one of these. I dont know which one to choose)
Newegg list of Radeon 4890

Thanks a lot everyone.

schitzoflink

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
First I would say check out How to ask for new build advice

But the first thing you need is how much you have to work with, a $800 machine will be different from a $1800 machine.

Second do some research on the parts you want to buy and what is going to be coming out from the people who make them

As for your goal of Fallout check out this bad boy Guide to building a balanced Gaming PC It has a page in there just using Fallout 3 so you could base the build specs of of that

Get a price point, read that article maybe do some basic searches on the forums here and then post back in here, with out some extra info we can't help you much

Actually there are a couple articles in the Build your own section that will give you straight up builds at a couple different price points.

Fallout3_02.png

I think u on the right track by the fact that HD 4890 > 4870 hehe It would be between HD 5850 and HD 4870 in the chart above and its current pricing is really decent IMO Ya a budget in mind would help a lot!

Rob_3

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
My budget is about 1000 bucks. And the Combo deal, cd drive, os and gpu will get me about 1000 dollars. That's all im looking to spend.

Heres the build thing you wanted.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: end of november
BUDGET RANGE: 1000 (including os, not including monitor because i bought it already)
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, movies, minor video editing and internet
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard and mouse
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
PARTS PREFERENCES: The monitor i posted in my first post, intel i5
OVERCLOCKING: no
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: no
MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

Basically, I just need to know which Graphics Card from the site i posted is best suited for the rest of my build