Antec Nine Hundred Two Speakers included?

aussie123

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Question as thread topic, this may seem a noobish question, but again I am a noob, otherwise I would not be asking it. So does the Antec Nine Hundred Two case come with speakers? If not recommended type for a bugdet build?

Well, computer cases do not come equipped with sound system speakers. Some cases have a small BIOS speaker that plugs into the MB's BIOS speaker header to sound BIOS beeps or code. So, a set of multimedia computer system sound speakers would need to be purchased seperately to provide sound when playing music or movies, etc. The computer itself provides no real sound power or 'watts'. It will be the speaker system you purchase that provides the 'power' or punch or watts of power. I have no real suggestion, I use Bose speakers on my main rig and a reasonablly nice old Boston Acoustic 70w 4.1 set of multimedia speakers on my HTPC. For the average user a multimedia set of 5.1-7.1 100w speakers can be heard by enough neighbors to cause a phone call begging to shut it down. LOL. Of course, my neighbors are used to my 100w Marshall for the past 14 years, so I pay no attention to them. 8)

aussie123

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
LOL. Well...thankfully I won't be using the computer at ungodly hours of the morning/night (although there may be a possibility) but I'm thinking about getting some logitech speakers[X-230 2.1?], but I do not wish to get a subwoofer, just a pair of speakers. Again I will probably change the aforementioned speaker to the X-530 5.1, but this comes with a sub, and something like 4 speakers, which to some people seems like a beautiful amount, but for me at the moment I would suffice with 2 speakers, may upgrade in the future.

aussie123

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Note: This is not related to thread but it is in the right forum section, I was having some concerns with the cable management, is it easy and just routing the wires through the holes in the back of the case and trial-and-error until I get the length right? That's the way I'm currently looking at doing it, any advice for a firts build, cable management novice?

2.1 means 2 satellite and a center speaker. It's 2.0 that has only 2 satellite (left and right) with no subwoffer. 2 channels. Stereo capable. Logitech make good multimedia speakers. They are good entry level speakers.

Yeah, trial and error. And a plan LOL. Just don't leave the cables hanging where they block airflow to the MB and CPU. Those chips are know to get hot especially if a tangled mess of errantly run wiring is totally blocking the case's air flow path.

EDIT for spelling.

aussie123

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Thanks badge; and thanks for the link jsc, good to have a checklist if the build doesn't boot properly, especially since its my first! I'll definately be looking around for some 2.0 Logitech speakers

aussie123

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
I am definately going to be breadboarding before I install in the case and attempt good wiring, if I do have faulty parts then I won't have the trouble of cutting all the cable ties and having to re do all of my hard work ;P.