Corsair force 3 recall version

c_h1132

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
so i just bought a 120gb corsair force 3, i notice there was a recall for version F120GB3-BK, but i have version F120GB3A-BK. any1 know if these are still the same version? i tried looking up my version but no info. even on corsair site. im asking because it froze on me twice so far for like 1 minute.

c_h1132

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
i have not yet posted on there as i dont have an account on there. but i see nothing about my version.i have not been having much trouble with the drive. so far it froze on me 2x thats it but if it continues i will flash the bios if its not the latest. if the versions are the same then i will want to send it back because of the recall. website also says not to flash bios if there are no problems.

Even though you just bought it did you update the firmware. I just bought a Corsair Force GT and was having a few problems so I updated the firmware , even though I just got it the firmware it came with was 1.3 and the update was 1.3.2 , once I did the update no more problems.

c_h1132

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
i will test more and see if it freezes again, if it does then i will update firmware. corsair website states not to update if there are no problems. the only reason i ask is because there are some performance issues for the version above and if i have that version i would want to send it back because of the recall. so far performance seems correct. WEI rates it at 7.8 read and write speeds are good also. i just have a feeling the freezing will continue. 1 minute is a long time of freezing.