Sign in with
Your question

Corsair force 3 recall version

Last response: in Storage
October 14, 2011 6:26:00 PM

so i just bought a 120gb corsair force 3, i notice there was a recall for version F120GB3-BK, but i have version F120GB3A-BK. any1 know if these are still the same version? i tried looking up my version but no info. even on corsair site. im asking because it froze on me twice so far for like 1 minute.
a c 298 G Storage
October 14, 2011 6:37:46 PM

Have you tried the Corsair forums?
m
l
October 14, 2011 6:51:04 PM

i have not yet posted on there as i dont have an account on there. but i see nothing about my version.i have not been having much trouble with the drive. so far it froze on me 2x thats it but if it continues i will flash the bios if its not the latest. if the versions are the same then i will want to send it back because of the recall. website also says not to flash bios if there are no problems.
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
October 14, 2011 6:51:23 PM

I would return it if possible. There are still issues for some users even with the latest drives with the latest firmware.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=510232...

I think the difference in version #'s you listed is the exact same drive, but shipped with different firmware on them.
m
l
a c 119 G Storage
October 14, 2011 6:53:49 PM

c_h1132 said:
so i just bought a 120gb corsair force 3, i notice there was a recall for version F120GB3-BK, but i have version F120GB3A-BK. any1 know if these are still the same version? i tried looking up my version but no info. even on corsair site. im asking because it froze on me twice so far for like 1 minute.

Even though you just bought it did you update the firmware. I just bought a Corsair Force GT and was having a few problems so I updated the firmware , even though I just got it the firmware it came with was 1.3 and the update was 1.3.2 , once I did the update no more problems.
m
l
October 14, 2011 7:08:26 PM

i will test more and see if it freezes again, if it does then i will update firmware. corsair website states not to update if there are no problems. the only reason i ask is because there are some performance issues for the version above and if i have that version i would want to send it back because of the recall. so far performance seems correct. WEI rates it at 7.8 read and write speeds are good also. i just have a feeling the freezing will continue. 1 minute is a long time of freezing.
m
l
!