Ultra noob desperately need help with new hardware

m0zilla

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Hello guys, I've just recently baught a new PSU and GFX to upgrade my pc.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01800340&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_dk/c01800340/loc:1&lc=en&dlc=da&cc=dk&product=3988153&lang=da

^ that up there is my specs. The parts I baught was:

PSU - Corsair TX650W

GFX - XFX Radeon HD 4890.

Here's my problem, is set up the PSU in my computer, I'm pretty sure I connected all the right wires, 2 into the dvd player (1 from mobo and 1 from PSU) same for my hard drive (only have one).

Got both 6 pin connectors set to my GFX, and the 24 pin connector set to my motherboard, WHAT could I have missed?

My problem is, when i turn on the pc, my screen doesn't get ***, but the computer is running, i tried putting the old GFX in but kept the new PSU in, still didn't get anything, however the screen gives me a message if i pull out the wire, saying connection was disabled, so I know its not a wire problem, anyone who could help me out with this please

m0zilla

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
forgot about that, I see theres a 4pin socket for the CPU on the board, only wire i have that can go into that slot tho, is like an 8pin cable but its split to 2x 4pin, is that the one? dont wanna burn anything off

m0zilla

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Alright thanks for pointing it out, now that I added the 4pin the for CPU my computer is clearly booting, but the screen still doesn't pick up!!!

The GFX is dual DVI, but with the gfx a converter for DVI>VGA came with it, could there be an issue with it, this is really strange, when i take it out, it still says on the screen it lost signal, but it just won't pick up!

clement4413

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010

Yes it's this connector, you plug the 2*4 pins on the board and your computer will start.