Solved

Dell 1 beep no ipl

My dell desktop beeps once and stops. It will not IPL. It looks like it stops as soon as it attempts to access the hard drive.

Immediately before I had removed a antivirus (no major brank) with its own uninstall. It hung before finishing and I cancelled. Upon checking the program was apparently gone.

I installed Norton successfully and tried to ILP. Thats when the beeep came. What do you think is happening?

Thanks
Tony
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dell beep
  1. Best answer
    You may need to format the drive and start over. Be sure you have a dell windows cd. I use Maxblast 5.0, a free download, to prep drives. I got rid of norton on my system, as it slowed it down. I use microsoft security essentials, but I don't know if you can still get it. It was a free download for one day only about a year ago. The Maxblast 4 cd acts as a boot device; other drive manufacturer's have similar software that comes with retail boxed drives.
  2. If there's data on that drive that you need, now would be a good time to get another drive first. Format the new one, then connect your old drive to get the data off it, then reformat it too and use it as a backup drive.
  3. Best answer selected by powers8370.
  4. o1die said:
    You may need to format the drive and start over. Be sure you have a dell windows cd. I use Maxblast 5.0, a free download, to prep drives. I got rid of norton on my system, as it slowed it down. I use microsoft security essentials, but I don't know if you can still get it. It was a free download for one day only about a year ago. The Maxblast 4 cd acts as a boot device; other drive manufacturer's have similar software that comes with retail boxed drives.

Thank you. I appreciate it!
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Desktops Dell Hard Drives