Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Dell 1 beep no ipl

Last response: in Motherboards
May 23, 2010 5:42:18 AM

My dell desktop beeps once and stops. It will not IPL. It looks like it stops as soon as it attempts to access the hard drive.

Immediately before I had removed a antivirus (no major brank) with its own uninstall. It hung before finishing and I cancelled. Upon checking the program was apparently gone.

I installed Norton successfully and tried to ILP. Thats when the beeep came. What do you think is happening?

Thanks
Tony

More about : dell beep ipl

Best solution

a c 435 V Motherboard
May 23, 2010 9:50:21 AM

You may need to format the drive and start over. Be sure you have a dell windows cd. I use Maxblast 5.0, a free download, to prep drives. I got rid of norton on my system, as it slowed it down. I use microsoft security essentials, but I don't know if you can still get it. It was a free download for one day only about a year ago. The Maxblast 4 cd acts as a boot device; other drive manufacturer's have similar software that comes with retail boxed drives.
a c 148 V Motherboard
May 23, 2010 5:25:58 PM

If there's data on that drive that you need, now would be a good time to get another drive first. Format the new one, then connect your old drive to get the data off it, then reformat it too and use it as a backup drive.
m
l
Related resources
May 25, 2010 1:03:22 PM

Best answer selected by powers8370.
m
l
May 25, 2010 1:05:21 PM

o1die said:
You may need to format the drive and start over. Be sure you have a dell windows cd. I use Maxblast 5.0, a free download, to prep drives. I got rid of norton on my system, as it slowed it down. I use microsoft security essentials, but I don't know if you can still get it. It was a free download for one day only about a year ago. The Maxblast 4 cd acts as a boot device; other drive manufacturer's have similar software that comes with retail boxed drives.

Thank you. I appreciate it!
m
l
!