Sign in with
Your question
Solved

GA 870 overclocking my 1055t

Last response: in Overclocking
April 15, 2012 9:16:22 AM

Hello,

So I FINALLY am about over with this semester of college and wanted to take some time to overclock my CPU this summer. I have read a lot about overclocking and understand most of it. My question is directed at my motherboard which is in my Sig. I have read many people getting stable 3.5+ overclocks on 880s etc. I have yet to find anyone who has overclocked a 1055T on a 870. How would it be? I am assuming not great. From what research I have done after buy my PC I have learned a lot and found out this motherboard is very low end. Any ideas on overclocking capabilities or even better someone one who has OCed with this MB before? maybe I would be better off upgrade to Ivybridge when it comes out rather then spend time with this CPU/Motherboard just to have it fry.

Thanks for all the input ^_ ~

More about : 870 overclocking 1055t

Best solution

a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
April 15, 2012 1:34:22 PM

I just looked at the manual for your board and the BIOS looks the same as my Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3. So you have the ability to modify all the perimeters you need for OC.

While every rig is different, I wouldn't be surprised to see 3.5 Ghz out of your setup. (If you have a good HSF)

April 15, 2012 9:26:54 PM

Z1NONLY said:
I just looked at the manual for your board and the BIOS looks the same as my Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3. So you have the ability to modify all the perimeters you need for OC.

While every rig is different, I wouldn't be surprised to see 3.5 Ghz out of your setup. (If you have a good HSF)

Really? well that is good news! As soon as school is over I plan on getting a NH D14 which will be great for cooling. I have read that turning off 2 cores out of 6 will allow me to have lower heat and be able to overclocking more so I will be doing that is well. My goal will be 3.8 with the chance of 4-4.2 ( I know thats all luck though ^_^)
m
l
April 16, 2012 6:59:53 AM

Best answer selected by kcsmacker.
m
l
!