Sign in with
Your question

Rewire pump

Last response: in Overclocking
April 15, 2012 12:04:07 PM

I'm about to install the oem Laing ddc-1t pump, but according the wiring there is a gap on pump between + and -, will it 100% works without rewiring?

If it's black to - and red to + then connecting that 3 pin adapter will not give both + and - because there is a gap between them?

so I would have to move the middle wire to left to have pump turned on from psu? I'm about to install the oem Laing ddc-1t pump, but according the wiring there is a gap on pump between + and -, will it 100% works without rewiring? If it's black to - and red to + then connecting that 3 pin adapter will not give both + and - because there is a gap between them? so I would have to move the middle wire to left to have pump turned on from psu?

More about : rewire pump

a b K Overclocking
April 15, 2012 12:21:34 PM

1973868,2,580860 said:
It's the 5th picture on this site http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/03/09/laing-ddc-1-ddc-...

so there is a gap between + and -[/quote

according to that image from inner most wire to the outside edge of the pump goes as fallows power +, than RPM, than power -, than PWM control. but that was not how the wires were placed into the plug Molex connector. that order was shown as power +, than power -, than RPM, than PWM control. trace the wires themselves to see if the two middle wires are crossed between the pump and connector Molex
Related resources
April 16, 2012 1:08:34 AM

I can do that, according seller diagram there is - then empty pin and then + just as the picture, it's also the same pump ddc-1t oem
a b K Overclocking
April 16, 2012 1:38:53 AM

grandpatzer said:
I can do that, according seller diagram there is - then empty pin and then + just as the picture, it's also the same pump ddc-1t oem

I don't think I am understanding you rite, are you saying that the Molex connector has 5 connection pins on it. because there are 4 wires off the pump, and as far as I know 4 pins in a Molex connector, so if all 4 pins are used by wires on the connector. what do you mean by empty, none of them are empty.
April 16, 2012 5:20:36 AM

Thanks for youre help.

I got answer from the seller and according him the pump I recieve is black molex and should work directly.

But I'm still unsure about it:

The pump is indeed with black molex, but it is same 4 wire and 6pin structure and gaps as the white molex on martinm picture.

I'm still unsure how to connect the pump, the molex adapter picture that is 3pin with only 2 wires (black + red) are next to each other so no gap.

Comparing the red and black wire on the molex with 3pin(2wire only red + black wire) without rewiring then according the martinm picture the wire "2" on pump should be + red and the wire "4" should be - black?

Because if the wiring is different I would have to modify the molex fan adapter and move the red and black wire?

a b K Overclocking
April 16, 2012 5:55:57 AM

grandpatzer said:
Thanks for youre help.

I got answer from the seller and according him the pump I recieve is black molex and should work directly.

But I'm still unsure about it:

The pump is indeed with black molex, but it is same 4 wire and 6pin structure and gaps as the white molex on martinm picture.

I'm still unsure how to connect the pump, the molex adapter picture that is 3pin with only 2 wires (black + red) are next to each other so no gap.

Comparing the red and black wire on the molex with 3pin(2wire only red + black wire) without rewiring then according the martinm picture the wire "2" on pump should be + red and the wire "4" should be - black?

Because if the wiring is different I would have to modify the molex fan adapter and move the red and black wire?

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg498/grandpatzer/3pinfanmolex.jpg
http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg498/grandpatzer/svartmolex.png

ok I do fully understand now it's a 6 pin connector off the pump with 4 wires in it and the + and - are 1 pin apart from each other. yea i'm slow, i though that was a molex off the pump and i couldn't understand how it was supposed to work for control of the pump.
1) do you happen to have a unused PSU, and a jumper connector for it. if so first try plugging the connector into the pump plug the way it is, and see if it turns on. it wont heart the pump if it won't work. if it does then you are done. if not I would solder a small wire on the top of the power adaptor, the one with the Molex and the 3 pin, the top of the 3 pin from the center pin, to the 3 rd pin, without trying to cut it lose and resolder.
April 16, 2012 6:31:11 AM

toolmaker_03 said:
ok I do fully understand now it's a 6 pin connector off the pump with 4 wires in it and the + and - are 1 pin apart from each other. yea i'm slow, i though that was a molex off the pump and i couldn't understand how it was supposed to work for control of the pump.
1) do you happen to have a unused PSU, and a jumper connector for it. if so first try plugging the connector into the pump plug the way it is, and see if it turns on. it wont heart the pump if it won't work. if it does then you are done. if not I would solder a small wire on the top of the power adaptor, the one with the Molex and the 3 pin, the top of the 3 pin from the center pin, to the 3 rd pin, without trying to cut it lose and resolder.

Well according the seller the pump I got is black molex and not the white, apparently with this I should be able to connect to pump without rewiring.

Still comparing the PCB I'm still unsure if this is correct (the 2 and 4 on pump being + and -)
a b K Overclocking
April 16, 2012 6:39:15 AM

grandpatzer said:
Well according the seller the pump I got is black molex and not the white, apparently with this I should be able to connect to pump without rewiring.

Still comparing the PCB I'm still unsure if this is correct (the 2 and 4 on pump being + and -)

it should be fine and work. but if it does not, plugging it up straight the way it is given to you, will not hurt it. of that I am positive, the question on whether or not it will turn on, depends on if the pump has a internal ground. if it does than all you need is the positive.
April 16, 2012 7:00:57 AM

toolmaker_03 said:
it should be fine and work. but if it does not, plugging it up straight the way it is given to you, will not hurt it. of that I am positive, the question on whether or not it will turn on, depends on if the pump has a internal ground. if it does than all you need is the positive.

Thank you, I have heard that it can burn out or frie if connected wron or with air.

According Martinm it can be tested safely for 1 second dry.
a b K Overclocking
April 16, 2012 7:03:17 AM

grandpatzer said:
Thank you, I have heard that it can burn out or frie if connected wron or with air.

According Martinm it can be tested safely for 1 second dry.

correct, if it does not turn on quickly, remove the power wire from the pump and rewire.

this is just a test, if it works than you will wont to have water in it, if you wont to run it for a long time.
April 16, 2012 11:46:51 AM

Are you 100% sure it's safe to start the pump even if it's wrongly wired and dry?

I'm considering doing that, all my other stuff is pretty much done.
a b K Overclocking
April 16, 2012 3:18:03 PM

grandpatzer said:
Are you 100% sure it's safe to start the pump even if it's wrongly wired and dry?

I'm considering doing that, all my other stuff is pretty much done.

yes for this perpose and only a couple of seconds it will not hert that pump.
!