Can i run ati 4670 on 250w power supply compaq?

I wouldn't. the requirements are a 400W PSU. Granted that is the recommendation and we all know a good lower wattage PSU usually does the trick, but I wouldn't try it on a 250W. The 305W PSU the dells come with is probably the lowest I'd venture to go with some safety, but only because we know they are pretty solid.

But you can try it. haha. It will probably boot and be fine until you run a game. That is when is draws the power and who knows if it will pop your PSU. When you overload a PSU you have the possibility of taking your motherboard, videocard, CPU,memory, or any other component with it. My buddy had a PSU blow on him and it took his video card and motherboard with it. It took him a month to get it running again once he figured out what blew and go replacements......

so you ask yourself... is it worth the risk?

^Correct. The minimum requirements for wattage is recommended based on total system power usage. They can't know what everyone is running so they assume a base system of "something", an average Joe PC. It is usually on the conservative side, so there is room for debate depending on your equipment. However, 250watts is really not much to work with. I'm not saying bigger is better, but you it's always a good idea to have more than you need to get the job done. And a good 400W is plenty, but like I said the 305W that Dell uses seems to be pretty solid and a 4670 doesn't have much issue in those systems.

G

This is my specs
http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/compaq-presario-sr5710f-athlon/4507-3118_7-33463986.html?tag=mncolBtm;rnav

So I have to buy 300w + power supply?

^ If you are replacing your power supply, I would recommend getting something that will last and could possibly use in another machine. PSU's will usually last you through a few upgrades. If you can swing a decent 500w it will serve you well. But if you are just getting the minimum, I'd get a 400W to be safe. The Antec 380w listed above is nice to and would be a solid bet.

If you overload a quality PSU like Antec or Corsair, it will just shut off; no harm no foul. If you overload an unknown PSU, it is as likely to blow electronic chunks, destroying attached equipment. I would not take that chance. You have received good advice on what to use as a replacement.