Windows 7 wont start

Sconny627

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
My computer wont boot from the Cd, I even have the recovery disc but it will not load. All it says is BootMGR missing Press Ctrl Alt Del, that doesn't work either, any Ideas

There are generally only 3 likely reasons that this could be happening, and I will list them in order:

1: the HDD is dying. Sucks but it happens. Make sure that BIOS is set to boot from CD, run recovery console, and you can get it rnning long enough to get your Data off. Or just replace the HDD all together, and put it as a seccondary and copy the files over that way.

2: Mobo problems. Try resetting CMOS first (usialy a button or jumper depending on the board). Then get into BIOS and reset everything to defaults before tweaking any settings there. While in BIOS make sure that it is recognizing your HDD. Also check for blown capacitors on the board, and make sure that all of your cables are firmly seated.

3: Virus. Extremely rare, but there are viruses that can delete your boot manager. To fix this make a BartPE disc loaded with antivirus before running recovery console.

While you are trying these things, we could use more information. Type of CPU/mobo/RAM, the GPU, type of HDDs and CD drives you are running (ATA or SATA). Was this out of the blue? After a power spike or vacation? Did a sibling or child attack it? The more info the easier it is to help! Good Luck!

Sconny627

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

Thanks everyone But all of a sudden I got the Cd to boot and I reloaded Windows everything is running ok.