Fermi pushed back?

Thanks, I have been running out of good rumors but got a read good one this morning about the massive gold fraud that has been going to for the past several decades. $697.2B USD in nothing but gold plated tungsten bars (400oz bars only).

Well, if this is true, this really hurts nVidia, not just for gaming either.
Itll also hurt the penny pinchers as well, since if this is true, ATI is the market now, not that their pricing is high, but dont expect it to go lower, maybe some, back to what it was, but no lower

It's a shame, because AMD could really capitalize on the slow release of Fermi if they had the 58xx's in stock. I know some people that are holding out for NVIDIA, but most of them recently upgraded to GTX2xx cards. But for those looking to upgrade now, the 58xx's are the only new options. But they aren't in stock.

Hopefully NVIDIA's cards are awesome and keep the competition going because it's good for us consumer.

If they really dont come out until march that will have given ATI 6 months to claim the DX11 market, and if DX11 provides a performance boost and turns out to be significant then its really going to hurt nVidia. But i think one of the factors that is hurting nVidia is the 40nm yields. With the 5xxx at 334mm, the G200b at 470 and the GT240 at 230 i figure it safe to assume that the G300 will be somewhere nearer to the G200b than the 5xxx series which with the manufacturing issues, the larger die will just give them even fewer usable ones than ATI has, it will probably be May before nVidia gets a consistent stream out there to challenge the ATI offerings unfortunately given how hard it has been for ATI up until this point.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I tend to lean towards ATI as of late in terms of buying Vid cards. I was going to give Nvidia a chance with Fermi and wait for benchies in order to help me make a decision on a DX11 card, but now it is clear to me, i should have gone with ATI right from the start as i had initially intended, but noooooooo, i had to wait, well that's just fantastic! Now there is neither and what limited supply there is for ATI, (5850 & 5870) is up in price due to demand!

Least AMD stock is yeilding me results!!!

Fkscott17

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
I'm not complaining, gives me more time to save my money and get taxes back so I will be able to invest in two high end cards for a nice SLI setup. I admit it, I'm an Nvidia fanboy :bounce: Of course if the reviews aren't good for the new Nvidia cards and they don't compare with ATI's DX11 series I may just invest in two high end ATI cards and a motherboard that supports Crossfire. Hopefully Nvidia's new line will rock, whenever it gets here :lol:

KidHorn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
I wouldn't put a lot of faith in those two articles. I'm not saying fermi is or isn't in trouble, just that I wouldn't base an opinion on the two articles.

If the articles are correct and I ran NVidia, I would produce more 285, and 295 and drop the price by $100. They could take some sales from the group that would otherwise buy an ATI 5800 series and they would actually have something that could sell in the first quarter.

Onyx2291

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
*Sarcasm*

Oh no.. Again?..

Oh how will I ever get over this bad news?

So disappointed..

*Sarcasm*

Can't say that I'm not interested in how it will perform though I doubt I will ever get one.