Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sapphire 5850 or MSI 5850

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Asus
  • Sapphire
  • MSI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 23, 2009 7:09:16 PM

So my local store is selling both sapphire and msi 5850s for $300 CAN, which one would be a better buy? I am leaning towards the sapphire one because you get battle stations pacific AND dirt 2. But I have had some bad experiences with sapphire and some really good ones with msi 4890... or I can spend $10 and get the ASUS card.

I'm leaning towards the sapphire one though.

Edit: They only have the asus one in stock, should I wait for sapphire one to come in?

More about : sapphire 5850 msi 5850

a c 147 U Graphics card
November 23, 2009 7:17:05 PM

The cards are all the same as the companies don't actually MAKE the cards themself. You are paying for the support from the manufacture. I know ASUS support isn't to bad, I have alot of ASUS parts right now and had to RMA a DVD drive about 2 years ago. My 5870 is an ASUS. and my motherboard, and DVD drive.
m
0
l
November 23, 2009 7:21:06 PM

jay2tall said:
The cards are all the same as the companies don't actually MAKE the cards themself. You are paying for the support from the manufacture. I know ASUS support isn't to bad, I have alot of ASUS parts right now and had to RMA a DVD drive about 2 years ago. My 5870 is an ASUS. and my motherboard, and DVD drive.


true I may just wait for the sapphire one because I get 2 games instead of one.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 147 U Graphics card
November 23, 2009 7:22:59 PM

^
But will you REALLY play Battle Station? hehe. Dirt2 comes with all the 5800 cards.
m
0
l
November 23, 2009 7:29:28 PM

jay2tall said:
^
But will you REALLY play Battle Station? hehe. Dirt2 comes with all the 5800 cards.

true haha... how would 2 5770s compare to the 5850 though. If i can get 5870 performance for $350 that wouldnt be too bad!
m
0
l
a c 147 U Graphics card
November 24, 2009 12:28:40 AM

impaledmango said:
true haha... how would 2 5770s compare to the 5850 though. If i can get 5870 performance for $350 that wouldnt be too bad!

I believe (2) 5770's perform pretty much on par with a single 5850. I think is some games and at really high res it outperforms it by a bit. Honestly I'd take a single card over a dual card setup any day. I've been down that road and it was full of issues called heat.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 24, 2009 12:31:57 AM

jay2tall said:
I believe (2) 5770's perform pretty much on par with a single 5850. I think is some games and at really high res it outperforms it by a bit. Honestly I'd take a single card over a dual card setup any day. I've been down that road and it was full of issues called heat.


+1

And there are also the issues of power consumption and game compatibility problems.
m
0
l
November 24, 2009 12:48:33 AM

alright I'll pick up the 5850 from sapphire, dont really think it matters what I pick. The store is http://infonec.com/site/main.php if any other Canadians are looking for a 5850 or 5870. I jsut need sell my 4890 first. The person wants to build a system next week and I'm selling it to him for $150.
m
0
l
November 24, 2009 1:00:20 AM

Sapphire is a good choice
m
0
l
!