Samsung SGH-Z500 for Cingular?

I am doing research and saw there is a Samsung SGH-Z500 coming out
which supports UMTS. It seems like one of the first UMTS phones and I
know Cingular is going to be providing that. Will that work on
Cingulars system? One thing I noticed is that is in the 2100 band.
Does it support HSDPA though? If I'm right Cingular's UMTS rollout in
2006 will support HSDPA.

"cguy" <markwco@attbi.com> wrote in message
>I am doing research and saw there is a Samsung SGH-Z500 coming out
> which supports UMTS.

Where did you see the info for this Z500? Link please

It seems like one of the first UMTS phones and I
> know Cingular is going to be providing that. Will that work on
> Cingulars system?

Only in the market areas where UMTS is offered.

One thing I noticed is that is in the 2100 band.
> Does it support HSDPA though? If I'm right Cingular's UMTS rollout in
> 2006 will support HSDPA.

Cingular already has HSDPA in Atlanta and will roll out UMTS/HSDPA in other
markets during 2005. As far as support for this particulair phone I'd need
to see a link. Phonescoop doesn't have anything on this phone.

--
JJ

"MarkW" <markwco(removenospam)@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Here are some links I found on this phone:
>
> http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5810.html
> http://phonearena.com/htmls/readarticles.php?id=478
> http://www.mobile-review.com/phonemodels/samsung/samsung-z500-en.shtml

Based on the info provided I would say this particular model will NOT come
to the US due to fact it is missing the GSM 850 band. That being said it
will be compatible with Cingualrs upcoming UMTS/WCDMA network. Just
incompatible with parts of the GSM networks.

New phones are in development for the North American market, as well as the
current offerings, mainly the Moto A845, being tested in certain Cingular
UMTS test markets. These handsets will include the required GSM frequencies
for use in the US.

--
JJ

> Based on the info provided I would say this particular model will NOT come
> to the US due to fact it is missing the GSM 850 band. That being said it
> will be compatible with Cingualrs upcoming UMTS/WCDMA network. Just
> incompatible with parts of the GSM networks.
>
> New phones are in development for the North American market, as well as the
> current offerings, mainly the Moto A845, being tested in certain Cingular
> UMTS test markets. These handsets will include the required GSM frequencies
> for use in the US.
>
> --
> JJ

What frequency(ies) is the UMTS going to work with on this particular model?

In article <4230A8F5.1020207@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

> > Based on the info provided I would say this particular model will NOT come
> > to the US due to fact it is missing the GSM 850 band. That being said it
> > will be compatible with Cingualrs upcoming UMTS/WCDMA network. Just
> > incompatible with parts of the GSM networks.
> >
> > New phones are in development for the North American market, as well as the
> > current offerings, mainly the Moto A845, being tested in certain Cingular
> > UMTS test markets. These handsets will include the required GSM frequencies
> > for use in the US.
> >
> > --
> > JJ
> >

> What frequency(ies) is the UMTS going to work with on this particular model?

2100