Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard and cpu compadibility

Last response: in CPUs
February 1, 2010 8:03:23 PM

looking for help to find the very best cpu for my foxconn a76ml-k socket am2 amd 760g ddr2 autio,video,lan matx motherboard.
February 1, 2010 8:21:24 PM

i am new at this i am building my first computer trying to get most speed with the motherboard that i have. what is bios, could you explane. thanks
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 1, 2010 8:50:41 PM

i2cub4 said:
i am new at this i am building my first computer trying to get most speed with the motherboard that i have. what is bios, could you explane. thanks

BIOS

basic input output system

when you press f2 or delete at the beginning it enters the bios.

this is the firmware which allows you to change time, date and how hardware works.

bios updates are required now and again to work with new CPU's ( processors ) which manufacturers bring out from time to time.

if you do not update, the computer will report the processor incorrectly and cause stability problems so its always best to flash the bios with the latest before putting the new chip in

foxconn live update on the cd that came with the motherboard is the program you need to run.

http://www.foxconnsupport.com/download.aspx?models=en-u...

download the live update and run it . DO NOT REBOOT until its finished flashing the bios it will stop the board from working if you do.
m
l
February 1, 2010 11:20:25 PM

thank you very much
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 2, 2010 5:36:51 AM

i2cub4 said:
thank you very much

have you already purchased the motherboard, as foxconn are not known for their quality.
m
l
!