Sign in with
Your question

Windows Will Shows What Drive Letter After Drive letter Z?

Last response: in Storage
October 15, 2011 5:41:53 AM

I am using "2" hard disks with "22" partition and also used "2" DVD drive, it means i am using 24 partition right now and windows explorer shows my last partition is drive X.

I have remaining Drive "Y" and Drive "Z". So if i attached one more hard disk with 4 partition then what drive letter will shows by windows after drive letter Z??
October 15, 2011 6:30:21 AM

interesting question. please do try and post the results.
but man, seriously, 22 partitions???? WTF? :o  :p 
m
l
a b G Storage
October 15, 2011 6:46:12 AM

once you run out of drive letters it will force you to mount drives to a NTFS folder rather than a drive letter.

i just tested this in VMware with windows 7 ultimate. im sure there is a way to add drive letters as back in windows 98 days there was a tool that would allow drive letters to be 1A 1B and so on.
m
l
Related resources
October 15, 2011 6:48:22 AM

Ya' ;Jumped the Shark' on the 22 partitions!
I wonder if you can even spell to 'Z'.
m
l
October 15, 2011 9:38:50 AM

mayankleoboy1 said:
interesting question. please do try and post the results.
but man, seriously, 22 partitions???? WTF? :o  :p 

Lolz... 22 partition for 22 categories, named like; win xp, win 7, backup, softwares, games_play, games_install, movies, videos, mp3, pictures oracle and documents etc etc etc :D  :D  :D 
m
l
October 15, 2011 9:44:41 AM

ncc74656 said:
once you run out of drive letters it will force you to mount drives to a NTFS folder rather than a drive letter.

i just tested this in VMware with windows 7 ultimate. im sure there is a way to add drive letters as back in windows 98 days there was a tool that would allow drive letters to be 1A 1B and so on.

woow... if win xp has a tool then my problem will be solved..
m
l
!