Sign in with
Your question

Memory benchmarks

Tags:
  • Memory
Last response: in Memory
May 23, 2010 8:57:47 PM

could someone post me as many ddr2 and ddr3 memory benchmarks please as possible. Preferably benchmarks for games please, i'm having problems finding them on google.

More about : memory benchmarks

a c 163 } Memory
May 23, 2010 10:38:41 PM

Hi.

Yeah is really "difficult" find something in Google.

1- 1st
2- 2nd
3- 3th
4- 4th
May 24, 2010 7:49:52 AM

being sarcastic? I'd like them preferably for games, and i think 3 of those i have already seen. But have not been satisfied with them.
Related resources
a b } Memory
May 24, 2010 8:02:19 AM

I haven't clicked on the links, why aren't you satisfied with them?

Usually when sites bench memory they only give bandwidth, etc. This is because the scores for games will all be very close. The CPU and GPU matter much more then how fast your memory is. As long as you have enough to avoid any memory bottleneck issues, the difference between DDR2-677 and DDR2-800 is nearly nothing from an application stand point. The benchmarks will make it seem huge, but programs might run <5% slower.
May 24, 2010 8:51:31 AM

What's your setup, or what do you have in mind?

Memory could add very very little to your fps unlike a better processor or video card.
a c 163 } Memory
May 24, 2010 3:08:00 PM

Nashsafc said:
being sarcastic? I'd like them preferably for games, and i think 3 of those i have already seen. But have not been satisfied with them.

It's really difficult to find a benchmark only for games because u don't only use the PC for games.
May 25, 2010 3:58:22 PM

i mean benchmarks covering more games, other than just one, because 2 games aren't really that representative of the larger group. Also looking at some reviews they show DDR3 1333mhz gives up to 15 more FPS in games compared to DDR2 800mhz. For this i am quite miffed that i bought ddr2 memory when in the UK ddr3 1333mhz pretty much costs the same 1 month later lol. I blame myself for buying an Nvidia motherboard for ddr2 since there weren't any attractive amd motherboards at ebuyer at that time, instead of AMD's new ddr3 boards for the same price. The bloody Nvidia board didn't even give me realtime overclocking abilities in nvidia control panel, which is what all those options are for lol - could have bought amd board and got guaranteed realtime overclocking with amd overdrive. I just want to know at least that spending on ddr2 memory hasn't gone to hell. I read that the phenom ii 720 only accepts ddr2 1066 and ddr3 1333 maximum is this so? In that case then i am not missing out on anything, as ddr3 1600mhz would not be compatible anyway? Unless i were to upgrade to a phenom ii 955, i don't know what it's maximum is for ram. Thanks in advance for response.
May 25, 2010 4:09:30 PM

apart from that, something went wrong with my xfx 8300 motherboard, the integrated ethernet malfunctioned, had to send it back for replacement, luckilly they didn't have any more boards to replace me with so they refunded me. Bought a new Asus M4A785D-M PRO motherboard, still waiting for it in post but should give me all the utilities that i strive for lol. Still ddr2 though because of my memory. Say when i increase anti-aliasing and anisotrpic filtering in games does that take ram out of the equation, and it starts taxing the graphics card where ram makes little difference in perfromance?
!