Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

5770

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 23, 2009 8:44:22 PM

I have read a bunch of people say that the HD 5770 will surpass the 4870 as newer drivers are released. But should the 128-bit interface stop it from doing that?

More about : 5770

November 23, 2009 8:45:58 PM

Na, the 5770 relies more on its core than its memory.
m
0
l
November 23, 2009 8:49:50 PM

Only time will tell but I doubt that the memory bus is the limiting factor.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 23, 2009 8:53:08 PM

Side question: Since its memory bus is 128 bit, does that mean it would be less affected by a pcie 2.0 x8 slot (instead of x16), as opposed to a 256 bit card?
m
0
l
November 24, 2009 12:34:10 AM

hello guys. :hello: 
i want to change my XFX HD4850 512MB DDR3 , but im not sure which card i should buy.....between this two card :- " HIS HD5770 1GB DDR5 128-bit " or
" Sapphire HD4870 VaporX 1GB DDR3 256-bit "

actually im not really understand what is the difference between 128-bit card and 256-bit card.....please, anybody can help me to choose :wahoo: 
m
0
l
November 24, 2009 12:38:04 AM

Grab the Hd5770. You won't regret it.
m
0
l
November 24, 2009 4:12:14 AM

shadow187 said:
Grab the Hd5770. You won't regret it.


thanks "shadow187" for your advise....
but i still want to know what is different between 128-bit and 256-bit.....
anyone out there....... :sol: 
m
0
l
November 24, 2009 4:43:38 AM

hey melayugamer
Upgrading from a 4850 to a 4870 or even to a 5770 won’t be much of an improvement, barring getting DX11. A 5770 currently performs just under the 4870 and indeed will improve with later driver updates.
The difference between 128 bit and 256 bit would be like, in a metaphor, one freeway lane compared to two lanes. And the frequency at which cars are moving on the lanes is the clock speed of the memory. Dono if this helps but it’s the best I can come up with.
My advice to you is not to buy/compare cards based on if one has faster memory, # of SPs or clock rate or most of the things listed in the products specifications (except maybe the amount of ram) but to look at reviews and actual FPS carts comparing one to another. Why? These cards where specifically designed to be bottlenecked in games to pump out a predictable (and limited) amount of performance for its specific price range. Thus we (the consumer) can safely assume that the 5750 performs less than the 5770 < 5850 < 5870.
m
0
l
November 24, 2009 6:17:38 AM

paperfox said:
hey melayugamer
Upgrading from a 4850 to a 4870 or even to a 5770 won’t be much of an improvement, barring getting DX11. A 5770 currently performs just under the 4870 and indeed will improve with later driver updates.
The difference between 128 bit and 256 bit would be like, in a metaphor, one freeway lane compared to two lanes. And the frequency at which cars are moving on the lanes is the clock speed of the memory. Dono if this helps but it’s the best I can come up with.
My advice to you is not to buy/compare cards based on if one has faster memory, # of SPs or clock rate or most of the things listed in the products specifications (except maybe the amount of ram) but to look at reviews and actual FPS carts comparing one to another. Why? These cards where specifically designed to be bottlenecked in games to pump out a predictable (and limited) amount of performance for its specific price range. Thus we (the consumer) can safely assume that the 5750 performs less than the 5770 < 5850 < 5870.


hmmm....its take me 5 minutes to try to understand your metahphor......anyway thank you so much for your reply and info...really appreciate :D 
m
0
l
November 24, 2009 6:05:04 PM

shadow187 said:
Grab the Hd5770. You won't regret it.


Even better, get another 4850... right now there is not a single DX11 games, and until there is a real one, you 2 4850 in crossfire will be enough.

For your information, 2 4850 in crossfire is 11% slower than 2 4870 in crossfire. It's a lot of power for that kind of cost. I got my 2 OC 4850 for a mere 165$ and I got a stronger system than one who used a GTX285.
m
0
l
November 25, 2009 4:46:36 AM

redgarl said:
Even better, get another 4850... right now there is not a single DX11 games, and until there is a real one, you 2 4850 in crossfire will be enough.

For your information, 2 4850 in crossfire is 11% slower than 2 4870 in crossfire. It's a lot of power for that kind of cost. I got my 2 OC 4850 for a mere 165$ and I got a stronger system than one who used a GTX285.


crossfire???
hmm....im the not-computer-guy person ;) 
but i know what is crossfire....
dont want take any risk with this crossfire....
juz wanna have a pc that can play game such as MWF2,grid ect

anyway...thanks redgarl for your opinion :D 
m
0
l
November 25, 2009 10:43:57 PM

hello guys...
i just have my hd5770 yesterday... :bounce: 
overall....this card pretty good but in GTA IV in the default setting it cannot full the bar
( i do think that this damn game is very unoptimised :(  )

in COD modern war fare 2....wow its really *boom* :kaola: 
m
0
l
November 25, 2009 10:51:07 PM

In GTA IV you should probably have a great CPU. That game specifically relies heavily upon the CPU.
m
0
l
November 25, 2009 11:03:11 PM

Also for GTA-IV you need more than 1GB of VRAM / video memory to allow maximum view distances.
m
0
l
November 25, 2009 11:14:39 PM

shadow187 said:
In GTA IV you should probably have a great CPU. That game specifically relies heavily upon the CPU.


yeah shadow187...i think so....my CPU just 2.6GHz (its AMD Phenom x4 BE ).....
dont have budget to get highest CPU......still in study :pt1cable:  hahahaha
m
0
l
November 25, 2009 11:22:02 PM

Your CPU looks great, unless it's the first-generation of phenoms.

try overclocking a modest 400mhz; this shouldn't require anything other than a multiplier adjustment. See if you get more than a 5-frame increase.
m
0
l
November 25, 2009 11:23:10 PM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
Also for GTA-IV you need more than 1GB of VRAM / video memory to allow maximum view distances.


more than 1GB ????
dude......here in my place 1GB videocard really hell price....
student like me....take 1GB videocard will make my life for this 2 or 3 month s**k !!!
no dating with my girl! no hang up with friend! no this and that :cry:  hmmmmm.....
m
0
l
November 25, 2009 11:31:02 PM

shadow187 said:
Your CPU looks great, unless it's the first-generation of phenoms.

try overclocking a modest 400mhz; this shouldn't require anything other than a multiplier adjustment. See if you get more than a 5-frame increase.


frankly said.....
i dont know this overclocking stuff :cry: 

but....maybe someday i will learn more about this overclock skill :D  hehehehe
m
0
l
!