Best H100/HAF X push/pull setup - 2x 120mm or 1x 200mm

I am currently running my H100 in a HAF X as an exhaust with just the two stock fans pushing. I plan to keep the two stock fans, but I am trying to decide whether I should use a 200mm fan on top of the rad, or whether I should grab two more 120mm fans. I am looking more for performance than low-noise, but I don't want anything too ridiculously loud. It would be really awesome if I could find something with green LEDs too. Any suggestions?

edit: I'm thinking about two 120mm Coolermaster R4s, but I think I would have to hook them straight into the mobo because there are some compatibility issues with the h100. They seem like a decent option for the price (I can get 2 for $14) with ~70CFM, and they are rated for 19dba but I have read some reviews that say they are definitely louder than that at full speed (I have no fan controller other than the h100). Any other options I should be considering?
3 answers Last reply
More about best h100 push pull setup 120mm 200mm
  1. You'll get better performance using 4x120mm fans in push pull than the 200mm fan.

Those fans are pretty quiet - keep in mind 19 dBA is almost dead silent, so being able to hear them is technically louder than rated. Even 25 dBA isn't loud - you don't start getting problems until you get to about 30dBA.
  2. Alright I will probably pick up two of those R4s then, thanks!
  3. I actually had them on my Hyper 212+ (green as well) and they moved a decent amount of air.

Cooler Master's fans are pretty good overall; using their cheapo 4-for-$10 ones on my PC, and I think they're rated for ~20 dBA and they're a little louder (probably ~25 dBA). However, they don't have the better/quieter sickle fan blade design.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Overclocking