GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard
3X 2gigs of OCZ Ram
GTX 260 Graphics card
1TB Western Digital 3.5inch HardDrive
Intel Core i7 930
LG Blu Ray Drive
24" in Dell monitor
500 Watt Power Supply

I'm not quite sure of the cause of the problem I am having, But I can not seem to get a display, Everything turns on when I boot up the computer but I can't hear it posting. Is there any way anyone would be able to help me out?

More about : problem gigabyte x58a ud3r motherboard

a c 304 V Motherboard
May 23, 2010 10:27:06 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- Check all the cable connections.
2- Check if everything is connected correctly inside ur case.
3- Which is the manufacturer or ur PSU?, i u can, test the rig with another PSU from a good manufacturer like Antec, Corsair and PC Power and Cooling.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2010 11:48:28 PM

So Your mobo doesn't beep, does it?.
Then this is what I would do: Remove the graphic card. If the mobo beeps, in my opinion, the problem would be a defective graphic card. If you can, try installing another graphic card.
m
l
Related resources
a c 177 V Motherboard
May 24, 2010 1:20:24 AM

First question: did you install a 'case speaker'? Boards no longer have them 'built-in'; cases no longer come with them; if you haven't installed one, it pretty much 'can't beep' [:lectrocrew:7]
m
l
May 28, 2010 3:06:20 PM

Put your memory in the white slots. It won't boot otherwise.
m
l
June 18, 2010 1:56:00 AM

Can you please advise if this solved your issue?
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2010 2:27:33 PM

My X58A-UD3R wasn't booting at all, no video, no meaningful LED indicators. Putting RAM only in the white slots instead of the blue slots worked a treat. Thanks!

My board is a Rev 2.0
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
July 21, 2010 2:56:18 PM

First, make CERTAIN that you HDD is properly connected to SATA_0: {blue connector on "top"~closest to the CPU AND in the "bottom" position~closest to the MOBO itself}

Also, upon start-up press the CLEAR CMOS button. However, as a new build, piratically anything could be a problem {CPU bent pins, wiring, RAM, HDD, MOBO, CPU, Installation, PSU - you name it}. Therefore, disconnect everything not needed to boot {peripherals, all USB, extra HDD, etc}.
m
l
November 4, 2010 6:38:27 AM

Remember the UD3R has TWO power connections, one 24? pin on the right side of the mobo, the other an 8-pin on the top left. If you forgot to connect the 8-pin, you will get some Phase LEDs and DDR3 Phase LED lit, cpu fan will work. However you will not post, gpu will not be recognized and USB connections will not work.
m
l
!