Sign in with
Your question

How to connect pc hard drive to laptop without a monitor

Last response: in Storage
October 15, 2011 4:32:02 PM

Please help. I am desperate! My PC's monitor stopped working and I cannot buy a new one at present. Could you please tell me if I would be able to connect my laptop and my PC so that I can read the PC hard drive on the laptop monitor? I would like as many options as possible, if there is more than one way to do it.

Thank you for any help you may be able to offer me.
October 15, 2011 4:39:20 PM

If you're asking to operate your desktop with your laptop monitor as it's monitor then you can't do that. Laptop video connections are output only. You might be able to use a TV you have as a monitor but not your laptop's monitor.

If you're just wanting to access files from your PC's hdd using you're laptop then that's easy. You can get an external enclosure for your PC's hdd that connects via USB or eSATA to your laptop.
October 15, 2011 5:25:38 PM

I just want to access the files. I was wondering how to connect the hard drive to the laptop...I didn't know that I can get an external enclosure. Thank you very much for your help!
Related resources
October 15, 2011 6:16:22 PM

You're welcome. Do you need help finding an external enclosure or do you have somebody in person that can help?
June 9, 2014 6:41:51 PM

how to connect a hard drive to a laptop
!