Setting default DVD programme

I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 with Windows XP Home Sp.2.
Installed on my computer I have "Dell Media Experience", "WinDVD" and of
course "Windows Media Player 10". When I insert a DVD the default programme
opens (Dell Media Experience). How can I change the default programme to
WinDVD or WMP 10?
Dave
2 answers Last reply
More about setting default programme

    On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 13:02:01 +0200, David N wrote:

    > I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 with Windows XP Home Sp.2.
    > Installed on my computer I have "Dell Media Experience", "WinDVD" and of
    > course "Windows Media Player 10". When I insert a DVD the default programme
    > opens (Dell Media Experience). How can I change the default programme to
    > WinDVD or WMP 10?
    > Dave

    To set the default player for all media types: Add/Remove Programs> Set
    Program Access and Defaults. Select the program you prefer to be the
    default for multimedia files.

    Or open Media Player 10 and open Tools> Options. Under File Types, uncheck
    the box for DVD Video. Open preferred program and look for similar file
    type menu to assign DVD video to that program.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    David,
    An alternative is to go Start>My Computer>DVD (Properties)>Auto Play> drop
    down from Music Files to DVD Movie. There you can change your default
    programme or have a prompt every time a DVD is loaded.
    Fred

    "David N" <dave@uk.invalid> wrote in message
    >I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 with Windows XP Home Sp.2.
    > Installed on my computer I have "Dell Media Experience", "WinDVD" and of
    > course "Windows Media Player 10". When I insert a DVD the default
    > programme opens (Dell Media Experience). How can I change the default
    > programme to WinDVD or WMP 10?
    > Dave

Configuration Default DVD Windows XP