Thermaltake armor+ front panel LED

yannickhk

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
Hi all,

I finished my first build a few weeks ago and everything is working fine except for those damn front panel LED (HDD activity, power...) on my thermaltake armor+ 6000.

I have posted the problem on thermaltake's forum but they are as helpful as my sister's driving skills .... Is there any way to open the compartment with the LED, to check if there is a problem in there? I might have connected the cables wrongly (doubtful), but if it is the case, is it possible to check if it is a MB connectors or a case problem?

It is driving me crazy ...

Any help would be appreciated.

Nick

Solution
If the system boots and runs, quite likely the LED connectors are hooked up backwards. Otherwise, the odds of both LED's (or their wiring) being bad are really pretty high.

To check polarity, the white wire should go to the appropriate negative (-) terminal and the colored wire goes to the positive (+) lead.
If the system boots and runs, quite likely the LED connectors are hooked up backwards. Otherwise, the odds of both LED's (or their wiring) being bad are really pretty high.

To check polarity, the white wire should go to the appropriate negative (-) terminal and the colored wire goes to the positive (+) lead.

Solution

yannickhk

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008

Lol. Yeah it was that. It turns out that the writing on the connectors must be downwards Thanks guys. I can't sadly check two best answers ..