Sign in with
Your question

Bios can't detect the dvd rom makes me unable to install new OS. :(

Last response: in Motherboards
May 23, 2010 10:02:01 PM

i've tried to install windows 7 in my laptop. i've inserted the boot dvd n formatted the C drive to install the new OS. however, the installation was unsuccessful. i took out the dvd boot. but then, the bios can't detect my dvd rom. :??:  i dont know what to do now. can anybody help me to make the bios detect my dvd rom again??
confused. :( 
a c 435 V Motherboard
May 23, 2010 10:50:26 PM

See if you can reset the bios; look for a motherboard battery and try removing it for one minute with the system off. Then reconnect the dvd drive with both the power supply and sata cables and try again.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 24, 2010 6:08:13 AM

If you add some information such laptop model, we could give you some suggestions, particularly specific suggestions regarding BIOS settings which may not be set correctly to detect DVD-ROM drive.
m
l
Related resources
May 24, 2010 11:26:47 AM

1) ack! i just posted the same problem but is for my desktop. but my dvd drive won't even open (SATA btw)...so I can't install my OS which is Win 7 ultimate. Not even the BIOS detects it.

2) when i used my old IDE roms [1 cd/dvdr (working fine)], [1 samsung that powers on, but does not read which i consider broken] BIOS does detect both.

3) Are there any other solution then buying a new Drive? of course I'm going to buy the ALL-IN-1 drive..If i have to =\
m
l
May 24, 2010 1:55:33 PM

ok its a compaq presario V3700
model number V3839TU
using core 2 duo processor..
pls help!
i dont wanna spend so much by sending it to someone else. :( 
m
l
May 24, 2010 2:01:01 PM

i've tried to open the lappy back cover to find the cmos battery. it kind of hard to get it loose, and it stuck near the battery compartment. and i dont want to risk breaking the cover. any other solution perhaps?
m
l
May 4, 2014 9:45:15 AM

noname89 try clearing the CMOS on your motherboard.Your mothrboard manual should hae a section re. this.
m
l
!