I need help finding a dual core Mobo/cpu combo

long story short. my old mobo has bad capacitors. i thought about ordering new ones, and soldering them off/on but 1) no one has this model in my city (LA), and 2) even if i get them thats $4 each and i need 5. that's not to mention soldering equipment and if things go wrong, etc.. too much money, time, and energy into something that is so old. here is a pic. I could only run my computer at 1500+ without it ever freezing. I could NEVER run it at its full cpu or it freezes, even when I run at say 2100+ it has a big chance of freezing.

so I am looking for a dual core motherboard and cpu combo on ebay now. I also was thinking of checking out pricewatch. can anybody help me?

I use my pc for playing either WoW or e-mail, and other browsing the web stuff. So I'll need a video card as well. is mobo with 2 RAM slots enough for WoW? I want at least 3ghz in speed so I could take full potential of WoW's graphics. Please help me out with some recommendations. I would really appreciate it. I don't know much about computers past mine and I built it back in 2003. I am willing to spend $200 and $300 max on all the components (mobo, cpu, RAM, video card). and I need mobo that my 400W PSU could support.

my spec:

ASUSTek Computer INC Mobo (A7N8X Deluxe)
AMD Athlon XP: Thoroughbred, Socket A 2700+
2 gig of RAM (Corsair)
GeForce 7600GS 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card
PLANET WL-8310 Wireless Card
200G Seagate (Master)
500GB Wester Digitital SATA
LG DVD Writer
CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W
WinFast TV2000 XP Expert WDM TVTuner
4 Fans - 3 regular, 1 92mm
4 answers Last reply
More about finding dual core mobo combo
  1. What a coincidence. I just upgraded my system to a quad core AMD and my old MB/CPU combo sounds like what you're after: Core2Duo E6400 on a Foxconn 975x7ab MB (http://tinyurl.com/2amxc5l) with 2 GB corsair (CM2X1024-5400C4) memory. The Foxconn is a really nice MB and I paid quite a bit for it in 2007. It's an ATX not micro. I just took it out of my system last night and almost put it back in since I've had problems with my new system already (bad memory stick.) Anyway, I haven't taken the CPU off the MB - it's still there with original Intel heatsink/cooler and was working great yesterday when I removed it. I was thinking of putting it on eBay but maybe you'd be interested. All you'd need is a video card since the foxconn has no onboard video. The whole kit and kaboodle would certainly be in your price range even if you got a pretty powerful video card.
  2. sorry ianxponent,

but i looked at your mobo and it seems not that stable. the bios is kinda buggy even with the update. i'll keep looking though, and gl selling it on ebay.
  3. purple buzz said:
    sorry ianxponent,

but i looked at your mobo and it seems not that stable. the bios is kinda buggy even with the update. i'll keep looking though, and gl selling it on ebay.

Hmmm, I didn't notice any stability problems in 3 years but then I wasn't overclocking either. The only thing I did was upgrade the BIOS so XP could see more than 2 GB memory. Anyway, good luck in your search.
  4. Best answer selected by purple buzz.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards