Beep and restart, multiple distorted screens, cannot see bios either

er_amitthakur

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Hi,

I have my hp laptop in trouble. I had windows vista and laptop started proper earlier but I had a loud beep every time my laptop start and then my system hang. After some time I can work earlier.

But now the laptop has gone completely dumb. It shows me the screen with six partitioned displays over the monitor all in flickering patterns like the below image:

http://resources.vr-zone.com/image_deposit/up2/1258985557c1042fd0c6.jpg

As can see below there are multiple small vista screens here. Vista also detects this reduction in screen size and adjusted the screen size to small screens. I can figure out some buttons and shut down:

Please help. Does this mean my video card is gone? What can be the worst that might have happened to this machine? please help.

Mine is HP Dv2714tx. Does this machine has the graphics card onboard. The graphics card is Nvidia GeForce Go 7300. Is my motherboard spoilt?

InfidelPimp

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2007

If it has a graphics card, then, no... it doesn't have onboard graphics. Which is a good thing, since you probably don't need to replace the motherboard, like you would if your onboard graphics started falting like this.

Or it's wiggled a little bit loose from the PCI socket, or something like that. Definitely a hardware fault of some sort related to the video card when you see the BIOS screens are garbled.