Gaming/HTPC System Recomendations

schitzoflink

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Hey all I'm looking to build this HT/Gaming PC buying the parts after Thanksgiving and Christmas. Let me know if there is anything that would work better than what I have.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Starting after next week
BUDGET RANGE: 1500-2000
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, HTPC, general use etc
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor, I'll be using the Samsung LN-T4661FX
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg or Tigerdirect then Amazon
PARTS PREFERENCES: the only thing I'm specificly looking for is quiet case fans, it turns out I'm also clueless about what are the best/quitest
OVERCLOCKING: Yes...maybe lol
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes Crossfire
MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1980x1020
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I'm going to use this for streaming and as a DVR, and also as a gaming PC, The ones I'm currently looking towards are Dragon Age, Starcraft 2 (I'm still playing Oblivion so I have a huge backlog of games to pick from)

Here is the Current Build

Base-prob won't change
Coolermaster Cosmos Full Tower
WD Caviar Black 640 GB (entertaining the idea of going 1TB)
Logitec MX5500 Bluetooth Mouse and keyboard (I'll be using this from about 10ft)
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 2250 (Maybe 2?)
ASUS Black Blueray drive
Sony optiarc black DVD burner
PC Power and Cooling 750w EPS12v
Radeon 4890 1GB x2
Enermax Magma 120MM Case Fans
silenX 80MM
Front intake fan- iStarUSA iStorm7
Evercool SB-F1 PCI Slot Fan

This is mainly what I need input on should I go with
MSI 790FX-GD70
AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black
Xigmatek HDT-S1283
Patriot Viper 2x2GB Pack

or spend about $200 more
ASUS P6t LGA 1366
i7 920 Nehalem
Xigmatek DK i7
Patriot 3x2GB for i7

I've seen the the Intell is faster in almost every bechmark, but what I want to know is it actually worth the extra 200ish it would cost to go with the intell setup?

Thanks!

Why dun u get just the one Hemlock HD 5970, ditch crazy assed expensive mobos and go for just a simple 770 chipset and 955BE? For gaming/htpc i would have gone for a cooler running P2X3 7xx actually - no need a quad for non rendering/encoding machine hehe

schitzoflink

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009

Ok go with a single graphics card, but whats the benefit of going with the 770 board over the 790? it's only a $40 difference

Also I plan on using this for about 4-5 years with at least 1 CPU upgrade during that time so thats why I'm going with a quad core, plus alot of the recomendations for HTPC (streaming and such) say that multi core CPU's help, combine that with a 64bit OS, shouldn't that give be the best performance + longevity?

The only suggestion I can make is to start looking for the HD 5970 now instead of waiting until you are ready to build your PC. HD 58xx and 59xx cards basically become out of stock within minutes. There is a high demand for these cards and low supply. If you wait to buy it with the rest of your parts, then you will likely be faced with the fact that you have everything except the video card.

The downside of buying the HD 5xxx card now is TSMC may have solved their production yield issue and prices fall back to what they should have been. TSMC has not announced when they believe they will be able to resolve this issue yet to the best of my knowledge.

schitzoflink

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009

lol I appreciate the help but I just realized that you advised me against the extra $40 for the Mobo and the extra $50 for the Quad Core but that I should spend the extra $400 on a card that is hard to find and will be wasted on my HDTV that can't take advantage of the 2560x1600 resolution.

so while one day in the future I may upgrade to the 5970 lets just take that off the table, what would be the next one you would recomend that will run extremely smoothly maxing out the settings of many recent games from the past year or two at 1980 x 1020 Thanks!

schitzoflink

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Cool so 5850, next any advice on the CPU? I've heard the i7's are a little more reliable when overclocking or am I getting them confused

schitzoflink

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Also the CM Cosmos has the PSU on the bottom, I was wondering if there were any good PSU's that suck air from outside and vent into the interior. I want to try and keep the airflow streaming up to the top of the case. will the PSU make a diference?

G

The Friday June 22 at the time will be a glaring program of racing activity featuring Good Neighbor Canadian Pharmacy Online In Models racing for $1,200 to get, Clayton Homes Modifieds quest of $600 to bag, Ken Towery’s Auto and Fatigue Care Sportsman $300, Bob Allen Motor Mall Drive Stocks $200 to obtain (8 machine minimum), and Air Swing Drives $200 to come in (four entries or more). The Past due Models, Modifieds, and Sportsman drive over and over again trial, while High road Stocks and Forefront Wheel Drives determination pill unsheathe instead of starting positions. All drivers will want to hieroglyph in at the registration window up coming to the misplace and RACEceivers are mandatory in all divisions. Also the highest finishing Up to date Model driver in the draw event utilizing a Crate motor will let in a $100 perquisite, with the next highest finishing Crate appliance car and driver receiving a $50 largesse

Apothecary of the Year — Continental Rx of Miami: This awarding recognizes a Canadian Neighbor Pharmacy that uses most appropriate practices to emancipate the first in compliant care, marketing and branding, peer-to-peer networking, guidance and operational efficiencies. Continental Rx, which has been in topic since 1972 and is operated sooner than Javier Peral and his stake of 30, tender "initialled usefulness and regard" to customers while actively promoting health care in their neighborhood with such initiatives as local awareness programs, a restricted healthfulness and healthiness expo and more

depository that receives drugs manufactured elsewhere. The presence ships about 25 percent of the top-line drugs in the country to customers including hospitals, retail pharmacies, physician offices, and institutional pharmacies

TAGS:
Canada Pharmacy
Canadian Pharmacy
Canadian Pharmacy Online
Canada Drugs
Canada Drugs Online
Prescription Drugs from Canada
CanadaPharmacy
CanadianPharmacy

Canadian Pharmacies
canada drug pharmacy
canadian pharmacy